PG Music Home
Posted By: daniel d files compatibility MAC/PC - 01/27/16 07:11 AM
Hello,

I have a basic question .....
Are the songs generated with BIAB Windows version (files MGU, SGU, ...) compatible and then usable with a MAC running BIAB ? and vice versa ?
In other words : someone being a BIAB PC user moving to the MAC world can he reuse the files he had previously created on his PC (after of course installing on his MAC the BIAB version for MAC) ?
Thanks

Daniel
Posted By: Pipeline Re: files compatibility MAC/PC - 01/27/16 08:40 AM
It won't load any plugins in the song.sgu as the macintosh version don't have plugins yet and is still missing a lot of features of the win version but the songs should load - I am aware a lot of macintosh users are using the win version in parallels desktop
https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/
Posted By: daniel d Re: files compatibility MAC/PC - 01/27/16 09:44 AM
Thank you for your answer ....

In my initial question, i was not asking for the use of BIAB Windows running on a MAC. I know that it should work with "parallels".

What i want to know is the following :
I have generated (a lot of) songs on my PC (using BIAB windows). I recently bought a MAC and consequently i want to know if the files (MGU, SGU, .... ) that i have created with my old PC (equipped with "BIAB for windows") will work on my MAC equipped with "BIAB for MAC software"....

Thanks a lot,

Daniel
© PG Music Forums