PG Music Home
Hey everyone. I'm trying to learn Yardbird Suite and I've punched all the chords into BB, but my biggest problems are at bar 43 and not bar 1. Is there any way to tell the program to count me in when I start at bar 43? It takes me a second to grab my pick and get ready. smile
Double click space bar at bar #41 to start there. Two bars should give you time. Go further back if you need more time. What's at #43 that isn't in the first 32 bars? Ray
I was wondering if there was a way to do it without that, but I guess that works.

There's a trumpet solo in the first half. It's at bar 43 where the nightmare begins. Damn 180 bpm.
It's been a requested feature in the wishlist. I know exactly what you mean.

E.g. if rehearsing with a real band, and you want to practice a particular section, you or someone else counts the band in. There should be an option for BiaB to provide a count in when playing from a certain bar other than bar 1.

Feel free to revive this post in the Wishlist. Who knows?
If you want to practice a certain part of a piece, make it a separate "song". Then you don't have so much baggage to deal with.

In this example copy the Yardbird Suite to a new name and delete everything before bar 43. It is a workaround, it is done fast, it does what you want, it does not mess up any settings in the original.
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
If you want to practice a certain part of a piece, make it a separate "song". Then you don't have so much baggage to deal with.

Yes, this is a way to deal with it. But in real life, musicians need to practice many songs, starting from many different bar numbers. The count-in should be an option that a user can individually turn on/off for any song, and not just from bar 1.
© PG Music Forums