PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box Forum Member Rob (from RnAM) created this easy-to-follow tutorial showing you how to use Band-in-a-Box with hands free commands!

Watch it: Band-in-a-Box Hands Free with Naturally Speaking - User Tutorial

The commands can be downloaded here (you will have to create an account on the KnowBrainer forum).
Enjoyed the video RnAM. Nice work.
That's very impressive!
Pretty awesome in my book!
Fantastic tutorial video Rob!

As always your work is professional caliber.
Nicely done.
Incredible! Great effort Rob.
Wow. Amazing what you can do with a bit of thought.
Excellent video Rob.

PS: RnAM is my favorite BIAB user. Every song is really great, I watch all their music videos on YouTube.

DE
Rob,

That's amazing! I'm incredibly impressed!

Noel
Wow, I never would have guessed that this is possible with biab. Well done Rob, you are the man!

Now if only PG could manage to negotiate with Dragon to get us all a discounted copy....lol

smile

Musiclover
Thanks everyone for all the positive comments on this demonstration video. I hope it will be helpful to those who need it.
I have no idea how many Band in a Box users are having trouble operating a standard mouse and keyboard.

There are lots of people who have RSI related problems or are (partially) paralyzed due to strokes, traffic accidents etc.
I myself developed chronic repetitive strain injury in both arms and shoulders due to spending too many hours behind a computer, not taking enough breaks etc. I probably also had a predisposition to developing it. Not everybody gets it.
I am a frequent visitor of the KnowBrainer forum. If you want to know more about speech recognition, creating scripts and commands, this is the place to be. People are very helpful there.

Although I've always been fascinated by controlling a computer by voice, using Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional has become kind of obligatory for me. Without the program I wouldn't be able to work on a computer for more than 15 minutes or so.
The text you are reading now is dictated by voice.
If you're serious about speech recognition the professional version is heavily recommended. It's not cheap, however the latest Individual 14 edition costs only half of what it used to cost.

It already comes with lots of built-in commands. But once you fully master the scripting language (which is related to Visual Basic) the program is extremely powerful. To give you an example of what you could do: If you wanted you could create one very large command that would enter all chords in the chordsheet, load several vsti plug-ins and realtracks to specific channels and finally render the song to a specific folder on your computer. You could name this command something like "test".
So that would be executing more than 100 keyboard/mouse actions by just uttering a single word!

Luckily you won't have to create such a command because Band in a Box already is very responsive to speech input. It's interface is relatively open to the Select and Say feature of Dragon (not all programs are, especially DAWs).

For those interested here are some links:

http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-product/dragon/dragon-for-the-pc/dragon-professional-individual/index.htm
http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/index.cfm
http://www.pcbyvoice.com/
http://www.voicecomputer.com/
http://www.voicecomputer.com/forum/

Thanks again for taking the time to watch my video.

Rob.

How. Cool. Is. This??

I feel like a complete idiot. I thought I was at least an upper mid level computer nerd and I've never heard of this.

This is amazing, you mean to say you can control your whole PC this way? I was just recently thinking about getting a Surface Pro for the touchscreen experience but now I'm thinking voice commands are even better.

I have a Moto X phone and the voice commands work great on it. It never occurred to me that I can do the same with my PC. The reason is I'm not sitting at a desk, I'm in my living room typing this out on my 60" 4K TV using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I run Biab from here too.

I really have to check this out and thank you for this.

Bob
bonjour à tous pour nous en France ça serait bien si certains tutoriels était de temps en temps en français
vous les anglophones vous avez de la chance 95% des tutoriels lier à la musique sont en anglais.
Originally Posted By: balbuena
bonjour à tous pour nous en France ça serait bien si certains tutoriels était de temps en temps en français
vous les anglophones vous avez de la chance 95% des tutoriels lier à la musique sont en anglais.

English translation:

good morning for us in France it would be nice if some tutorials was occasionally in French
you English speakers you're lucky 95% tutorials link to music in English.

Balbuena,

Bonjour, mon ami.

Are you aware of the PG French Forums?

You are certainly very welcome on the English forums but I wanted to make you aware of the French forums also.

Don

French:

Balbuena,

Bonjour, mon ami.

Etes-vous conscient des Forums PG français?

Vous êtes certainement le bienvenu sur les forums anglais, mais je voulais vous faire prendre conscience des forums français aussi.

Don
© PG Music Forums