PG Music Home
Hi, all. I'm trying to play a jazz tune called Moanin'. Here's the repeated figure I want to set up:

Beats 1 and 2 are rests
Beat 3 has a dotted quarter Bb chord
Beat 4AND has an eighth F chord.

I called the tech support line but they told me to put the F on the first beat of the next bar and to push it by an eighth, which seems a really odd way of setting things up, not to mention it will put chord symbols in my music where there are whole bars of rests. Is there an easier way to set this up?

Thanks,

Doug
Support is correct. You can only 'push' earlier.
This is really bad. I don't understand why they can't have the computer delay the note by an eighth. It completely screws up the bars I'm trying to practice because instead of being blank, they're now have a chord in them.

Is there a way to start a song on a rest/empty bar? BB always adds a chord to bar 1 when I want it empty.
Originally Posted By: doogiet
This is really bad. I don't understand why they can't have the computer delay the note by an eighth. It completely screws up the bars I'm trying to practice because instead of being blank, they're now have a chord in them.

Is there a way to start a song on a rest/empty bar? BB always adds a chord to bar 1 when I want it empty.

Don't worry about the chord. Just make the first bar a rest. To do this, add a single period (.) after the chord, e.g. "C."

Originally Posted By: doogiet

Putting a chord on any eight note has been on the wishlist many times. Maybe you should put it up again.
© PG Music Forums