PG Music Home
Posted By: John-Luke MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 04/02/16 05:20 AM
The question may have already asked before.
The mixer of BIAB don't display any activity for MIDI drums.
What is the status about this ?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 04/02/16 06:59 AM
Hi John-Luke

I'm interested in the subject, but perhaps don't fully understand. Can you elaborate on your question?
Does this mean 'volume levels' for MIDI drums?
Thanks

Trevor
Posted By: John-Luke Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 04/02/16 01:18 PM
In BIAB, when you play a song with MIDI tracks, the mixer displays for each track an activity - with three possible colors green/yellow/red - according to the MIDI data of the track. It works fine for all the tracks except the Drums track.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 04/02/16 06:28 PM
Hi John-Luke,

I've reported your discovery to PG Music with a link to this thread that you've created. I'm sure that they will appreciate the information.

Best regards,
Noel
Posted By: John-Luke Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 12/18/16 01:36 PM
Great news : this issue is fixed with the BIAB 2017 version !
Posted By: rkl122 Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 12/18/16 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
Great news : this issue is fixed with the BIAB 2017 version !
Yeah, but if you "Ctrl-T" to the new interface, activity of midi channels is now completely absent from the mixer. Or am I missing something?
Posted By: rkl122 Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 12/19/16 12:46 AM
Yikes, Noel, when I float the mixer in the new interface, it looks like:

[img:center]http://imgur.com/5EFd4cZ[/img]

How'd you get the old mixer to float? Or is the new one supposed to have VU's displayed? If so, my install must be weirdly screwed up.

-Ron
Edit - Can't get the image to embed, but the link shows it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MIDI drums activity display in mixer - 12/19/16 03:04 AM
Ron,

When I installed build 454, I get the same floating mixer as you. If it helps, the mixer is resizable and you can drag the edges in so that it doesn't take up too much screen space.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums