PG Music Home
Posted By: Curmudgeon Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 12:28 AM
Hi All,

I recorded a song in BIAB and then opened it up in Realband where I recorded an audio track.

When I reopened the song in BIAB, the audio track was about 7 measures out of sync.

Probably something stupid I know, but I can't figure it out.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Don S.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 01:08 AM
While you can open a Biab song in RB you cannot open a RB song in Biab unless was it saved as a midi file. In that case Biab would only open it on the Melody track. RB songs are saved as .seq files. What exactly did you do?

Bob
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 01:40 AM
Hi Bob,

After recording the audio track, I saved it as a BB file and a RB file

I reopened the file in BB and the audio file was there, only out of sync.

If that isn't the correct way to do it, please enlighten me as to the best way to record audio in RB and have in in sync in BB.

Much appreciated. Also, all the files involved are Audio, no midi involved.

Don S.

Edit: Thanks Bob for answering. A light bulb went off and i realized what I was doing wrong.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 08:52 AM
If you record your audio in RB. Save and export the track as a wav file. Open BB, got to the audio button at the top of the screen and select the import audio box. A menu will open that allows you to place the audio track at the proper measure.

If you are recording a single track, you can record an audio track within BiAB rather than having to use RB.
Posted By: jford Re: Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 10:30 AM
If the light bulb went off, please share what it was so others can avoid the same situation.

I do know that when you record audio in RB to bring into BIAB, you need to be careful to watch for the count-in bars (which could push things off by two bars), starting to record much later into the track, ensuring that the audio settings are the same 44.1khz versus 48khz, etc.

But yes, please share what you found out.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Audio track out of sync - 06/20/16 11:06 AM
Hi John and Charlie,

The light bulb was that I remembered to use the export and import commands as Charlie suggested.

As I mentioned, the audio transferred but was out of sync. I found it difficult to cut and paste in the BB audio edit window to get it aligned. The export and import works much better.

Thanks for your input,

Don S.
© PG Music Forums