PG Music Home
Posted By: Frank Alves Jazz Organ For Backing Tracks - 09/08/16 03:29 PM
I've been successfully using BIAB for backing tracks along with my guitar playing for the last fifteen+ years in a favorite of styles. One of the things I've always wanted to try was to recreate a jazz organ trio sound. This now seems possible with the newer jazz organ tracks that include the bass. I'm a little concerned about just organ and drum tracks cutting through the noise of the venues I typically play at(especially the bass). Has anyone had any experience using these tracks live?

Thanks.

Frank
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Jazz Organ For Backing Tracks - 09/15/16 12:58 PM
I can't answer your question directly but I am a jazz organist and play live all the time but I've never used Mike Ledonne's organ RT's. Organ bass never pops like guitar bass will but people recognize jazz organ and appreciate it.

A big part of the sound is your stage amps too. Organ produces a full range very fat sound which will easily overpower smaller portable PA's like Fender Passports and the like. You need something much more robust than that like a pair of EV ELX112P's which I've used for years or JBL Eons which I've also used a lot. Note the EV's are 12's and the Eon's are 15's. You need that for organ bass even at relatively low volumes. If it's a small quiet gig then you're ok with one of these speakers. If you really want to use 10" speakers then get a good one like the Yamaha DXR 10 or the QSC 10.

Bob
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Jazz Organ For Backing Tracks - 09/15/16 01:01 PM
We have two versions of some of the organ tracks - some with Right hand only, as some people prefer hearing a acoustic bass instead of a organ Left hand bass. So look for those ones, and try them both out.
© PG Music Forums