PG Music Home
I can't find any reference to this anywhere so it must just be my installation...?

I have the PDF Manual delivered with the DVD install of 2016 MegaPAK (patched to 438), and the page numbers in Table of Contents for all topics from AUDIO CONTROLS FOR REALTRACKS AND REALDRUMS (which should be 265) on show page 264. Since the TOC topics aren't linked, it makes navigating the document a little tedious.

This is in Acrobat Reader DC 15.017.20053. Page numbering in the TOC of larger PDFs than this one display as expected.

File shows Last Modified 7/14/2016 3:43 p.m.

Thanks,
Dave
Yes, this has been reported to the developers. It's not just you.

I like to use Carl+F to search the PDF help file.
Thanks for the confirmation, Matt. I do use Find of course, but when I get the right hit in the TOC, I usually want to go directly to that section without visiting every other matching reference in the body of the document.

My workaround is to start at the Index on page 648, and search from there to get the page number.

Cheers,
Dave
Good. You make a great point that you should put in the Wishlist: link the table of contents to the sections.
Will do. I'm used to the SONAR Ref. Guide (2188 pages!) which does this, and has other links all through it. As best I can tell, the BiaB Manual is just a PDF conversion of a Word doc or similar with no embedded linking.
Yes, I have that SONAR Reference Guide.

The BIAB manuals, to my knowledge, have always been PDF files once they became available to us. What the original file type was, and how difficult it is to build an index, I don't know.
What has me puzzled is that I can't find one sentence in the manual that tells me how to uninstall BAIB and Real Band. Having just purchased and installed the hard drive version of 2016, I intend to run it from the HD only so I want to uninstall all the previous stuff that I had on my computer HD to free up space. I tried the uninstall on my Windows, but BIAB and Real Band doesn't show up there. Can someone clue me in on how to do this? I want to make sure to clear all the related files and hope I don't have to do this "one by one"
Hi Val,

When installing new versions, I always install into the \bb directory. This is simply installing the newer version over the top of the older version. If this is the way you installed your present version of BIAB, there should be nothing to delete since newer versions of files will overwrite the older versions of files.

If, however, you installed your newer version of BIAB into a new, different directory, then all you need to do is to delete the old \bb directory.

The above will also apply to Realband. If you installed the newer version into a new, different location then simply delete the older \Realband directory.

If in doubt about any of the above, I suggest that you contact PG Music directly.

Regards,
Noel
BIAB does not require the normal Windows install process. Only a couple of files, mostly fonts, are installed, and there is no harm leaving them. Just delete the entire /bb and /realband folders, but first save any of your own songs or user styles.

EDIT: I see Noel covered much the same ground.

Thanks Noel and Matt! That's just what I did and it worked! Has relieved my computer of a lot of "stuff" Now I have another problem with 2016 Ultra Pak on the Hard Drive. Often when I am trying a new style or even an old style and have selected a particular instrument a little sign will flash up saying "Part #3, instrument not found" and nothing loads and sometimes it shuts down the whole program. Has anyone else encountered this,and what did you do?
I haven't seen that. Perhaps this question should be directed to PG Music Support.
Originally Posted By: vzudell
Thanks Noel and Matt! That's just what I did and it worked! Has relieved my computer of a lot of "stuff" Now I have another problem with 2016 Ultra Pak on the Hard Drive. Often when I am trying a new style or even an old style and have selected a particular instrument a little sign will flash up saying "Part #3, instrument not found" and nothing loads and sometimes it shuts down the whole program. Has anyone else encountered this,and what did you do?

Hi,

This generally means that SampleTank isn't configured correctly. You're picking styles that use the Hi-Q sounds but SampleTank isn't looking in the correct folder for the samples.

If you give our tech support line a call tomorrow, we'll be happy to help you get it set up correctly. The number is 1-866-983-2474, we'll be available 10AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thank you Kent! I've been sick and haven't worked on my BIAB until today but you were right it was the Hi
Q, instruments. I checked the instrument folder and and it was empty. Apparently someone put up an installation folder where I found all the instruments and installed them and now that part is working fine. Thank you so much! Didn't even have to call, it just appeared out of nowhere.
Hi,

Great! I'm glad you got it working.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums