PG Music Home
Posted By: Callie - PG Music The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/11/16 05:52 PM
Writers block - it happens to everyone! If you've ever experienced writers block when it comes to creating a title for your latest song creation in Band-in-a-Box®, have you tried using the Automatic Song Title generation feature?

This feature is accessible in Band-in-a-Box® two different ways:
-From within the Edit menu: select "Auto-Generate Song Title"
-Within the Melodist: check-mark next to "Auto-Titles"

The Song Title Generator comes up with some very creative options - you'll love it!
Posted By: jford Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/11/16 05:57 PM
To add to what Callie posted, you can also customize the list of available words that the Song Title Generator uses. The word lists stored in a text file called "TITL1.TXT" (in your main BIAB folder), which has several sections with two sets of words in each section that will be put together. You can add new sections, with an adjective section and a noun section. the file "TITL1.TXT" itself contains the details for adding more content to the file.
That's right - you can... it's a great idea to personalize this feature if you are using it often - you'll be even happier with the results!

-Callie
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/11/16 07:37 PM
John, no adverbs?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/12/16 12:30 AM
" If you've ever experienced writers block when it comes to creating a title for your latest song creation.."

I've written Songs just from the name it generates up smile
I remember "Silver Sands" came up,
picked a style and press the preview play button and the lyrics came to me.
Posted By: jford Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/12/16 08:13 AM
Matt, you know that no one uses adverbs any more.
Posted By: Brille Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/12/16 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: jford
Matt, you know that no one uses adverbs any more.

I agree. Google has replaced them all with Adwords.
Bernhard
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Song Title Generator Feature - 10/12/16 11:59 AM
IIRC, Peter's guitarist brother Oliver, came up with the concept of the title generator.
© PG Music Forums