PG Music Home
Posted By: Melodicamaster Hide Part makers? - 11/18/16 05:51 PM
Hello!

Is there a way to hide Part Markers(1a, 8b etc) in lead sheet window and in fake sheet mode?

Somehow I managed to do that earliar. But now just can´t remember how I did. I know I can hide them from beeing printed out.

Here's an example when I managed to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEg_dnKYtoc

I´m doing some screen-capturing and now the part markers are "colliding" with the notes. Perhaps there is a way to move the part markers slightly? Change of layout?
Posted By: Melodicamaster Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/19/16 08:40 AM
(Edit: Earliar I wrote I´ve updated to 438, but that was not the case. I only updated to 437. My mistake. Sorry!)

Hi again!

I´ll try to be more specific. I´ve done some "research".

Just recently updated Band-in-a-Box Windows to Version 2016 (437) from version (429) I know I´ve been lazy not updating regulary :-)

I rolled back to In Band-in-a-Box for Windows Version 2016 (429) and then when I in Leadsheet options set "Show bar#s:" to "None" neither bar numbers or part marker is visable/shown in Leadsheet. This is very good. I like that option very much.

However after I recently updated to version (437)and did the same treat in Leadsheet options set "Show bar#s:" to "None". Part markers still is visable/shown and also bar numbers still visable/shown at every part marker.

So what worked fine for me in (429) is not working in (437)
And of course I can have missed something in settings... I´m really not an expert :-)

Any ideas?

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/19/16 09:23 AM
Thanks for the update.

I did have a good look earlier today to see if I could figure out how, but had no success.

It's interesting that this n was OK in earlier versions.

I didn't recall reading about any change to this in the release notes.
Posted By: Melodicamaster Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/20/16 11:37 AM
Just want to clarify:

In earliar post I wrote I updated to Build 438. But that was not the case. I have only updated to Build 437. Not the 438Beta.

(I have changed in earliar post)

My mistake. Sorry!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/20/16 12:18 PM
PG Music for some time now uses the 'beta' description as standard for all their new releases. It changes to the shipping version when the next 'beta' is released. While I admire their caution at not overselling, I have every confidence in installing their latest versions. Most bring fixes and many bring new features. Because there is a built-in system that makes it pretty easy to roll back versions, I recommend always going with the latest build.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/20/16 01:54 PM
Melodicamaster,

I'm using BIAB build 438 at the moment and when in Leadsheet mode, with Fakesheet Mode selected, if I set the 'Show bar #' to 'none', part markers become invisible except for the one on bar 1.

If I deactivate Fakesheet Mode and set the 'Show bar #' to 'none', all part marker information is hidden from the on-screen staff.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Melodicamaster Re: Hide Part makers? - 11/24/16 07:11 PM
Hi again!

Now I´ve also tried this with Build 438 and I get almost the same experience:

Leadsheet and Fakesheet Mode selected, Show bar # to none. It seems like Part markers(bar #s) become visible first bar of every new page when using Build 438.

In my layout I use only 2 staves/page and font size 248%. So a lot of new pages.

I have sent message to the support.

Thank you!
© PG Music Forums