PG Music Home
Posted By: colly main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:40 PM
Who will be first to post a screenshot of the new main screen GUI ...?
Posted By: Cerio Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:47 PM
Old toolbar in BIAB 2017:

Posted By: Cerio Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:48 PM
New Toolbar in 2017:

Posted By: Pat Marr Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:54 PM
Note the cool tabs on the top right... one of which is a CUSTOM tab, where you can put just the icons you use most!! One of my favorite things so far, besides all the cool new sounds!

and if you prefer the old look, CTRL-T will give it back to you!
Posted By: A_R Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:56 PM
Does clicking on the Tracks tab bring up the Mixer?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 02:59 PM
Originally Posted By: roslon
Does clicking on the Tracks tab bring up the Mixer?

No, the mixer still has its own tab, which now is an undocked (floating) dialog so you can drag it to a second monitor if you have one!! (or not... your call... but you have a choice now that you didn't have before!)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 03:04 PM
As Pat mentions, it's also got a customisable tool bar in the new look. Here's a picture...

Noel

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 03:55 PM
Good info above. I want to clarify that Cerio posted screenshots, one of which is the 'old' interface (we've unofficially been calling it 'classic') but - here's what's important - running under BIAB 2017. This means you can always flip back to it anytime you need to. Toggle with CTRL+T as Pat said, or use the icons near the upper left, or go to the Windows Menu, Fullscreen.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 04:36 PM
AAAARRGGGHHH!! Danger Danger Will Robinson, ...

- Oh, wait,.... Oh, whew!!! Ctrl-T

thought I was going to have to learn new stuff grin
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/01/16 08:51 PM
>>> - Oh, wait,.... Oh, whew!!! Ctrl-T

Yes, the old and new are there at the same time. And Ctrl-T can switch you back and forth. As can the buttons under the drop station.

There's new stuff present on the old toolbar as well, including:

- time signature field (you can click on it, and change to time sigs like 7/4 more easily than before)
- Feel field, eg. Sw8 telling you that this is a Swing 8th style
- interactive time bar. This, like a ruler shows you the song in a linear fashion and draws lines at chorus markers and blue/green lines for part markers. So you can locate the point for chorus 3, bar 9 for example, and double click to start play there. we can add lots to that timeline in the future (for example, right click and loop the section that you clicked on etc.)
- better drop station with + button, allowing options such as what track types you want to drag, with which options (normalize etc.)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 12:58 PM
Learn new stuff, or continue with old stuff. We now have a choice.

And from what I can see, the new stuff is not even an issue. A clean, new interface, lots of on-screen tips and help. The new 'Tabs' is a great idea, just use what you want when you want, and keep the main area for the music.

Great job in my opinion, we just need to be prepared to spend a little time to reap big benefits.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 01:02 PM
There are some great ideas implemented here. Some of the suggestions came from the Wishlist Forum and the result is another great example of how PG Music listens to its customers.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 01:03 PM
to me the 2017 interface gives me an opportunity to arrange the familiar buttons in a way that meets my specific needs. I already know the buttons. Now I have the ones I use in the CUSTOM TAB, and the ones I don't use are out of the way.

So for me it wasn't so much anything new to LEARN as it was a better way to organize and find the buttons I already know.
Posted By: jford Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 01:27 PM
Yep, I put the icons I use most in the custom tab and pretty much just leave it there. But even for anything else, most commands are a couple of clicks away.

Still going through a little bit of "where is it?" with the new interface, but I figure in another week, it will be old hat.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 03:59 PM
Did you guys check out the new progress bar, under the transport buttons? It's very cool. Check it out in the classic interface first; you'll understand it better.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 05:32 PM
I like the new progress bar. It's great that you can click on it and it automatically takes you to a specific location on the the chordsheet.

Because I always use a one-chorus linear format, this is a very useful feature and is much quicker than scrolling back and forth.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: main screen GUI 2017 - 12/02/16 05:42 PM
Good point; those of you who always Unfold to One Long Chorus should particularly benefit.
© PG Music Forums