PG Music Home
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Episode 2 - Upgrade Confusion - HELP! - 12/07/16 06:58 PM
I am still on the fence about whether to buy the "2017 PlusPAK" for $99 or the "UltraPlusPAK Upgrade from 2016" for $149. Peter G. has assured me either one will bring my current 2016 installation up to the identical 2017 installation result...same # of RealTracks...same # of MIDI Supers...same of everything!

BUT, I have read (in the promo materials or on this forum) that some of the existing RealTracks from past releases have been remastered or otherwise improved.

If I buy the "2017 PlusPAK" for $99 do I miss out on those improved RealTracks or are all of the improved RealTracks from the past included with "2017 PlusPAK" for $99?
Posted By: Allanah Re: Episode 2 - Upgrade Confusion - HELP! - 12/07/16 07:38 PM
Hi,

On the support page, PGmusic support page you can choose real tracks. There you can update your real tracks. In other words, when you update real tracks, any real tracks that you already own are updated regardless of your version of Band in a Box.

Allanah
Thank you Allanah. That makes sense that these would be updated on the support/downloads page.
In general, if you're on the fence I'd recommend the Hard drive. It doesn't make much difference to us money-wise, as the hard drive costs us about $30. But the experience is better for our customers to get a single unified package "P" rather than a combination of A+B+C+D=P i.e. Assembled over the years from various patches.
Posted By: Andy Ling Re: Episode 2 - Upgrade Confusion - HELP! - 12/08/16 07:23 AM
Depending where you are in the world you may also need to factor in any taxes for the physical disk. I'm in the UK and the last few times I've bought the hard disk version I've had to pay import duties and VAT which bumps the price up. Just getting the download avoids this.

Regards

Andy
Posted By: colly Re: Episode 2 - Upgrade Confusion - HELP! - 12/08/16 07:34 AM
I'm also in the u.k. 44 gbp import tax I had to pay ...more than the hard drive cost.
At my ADSL download speed here in South Africa its faster to order the harddrive and wait!!!

We also get hit with the duties/taxes...burns my butt but BIAB is still worth every cent (to me)
© PG Music Forums