PG Music Home
Posted By: jonel BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/14/16 08:36 AM
Help! I have just updated to BIAB 2017 and I'm just grappling with the new tabbed, less cluttered screen. However, I can't find how to record Midi onto the Melody track. The manual assures me that it is there but I can't see it.

Is it just me, or is this another function delegated to Realband?

Regards

John Lundrigan
Here's what worked for me on PC version of 2017 using a US keyboard.

Select a bar in the chord chart and hit the R on your keyboard. That opened the Record midi to Melody Track window for me.

Crtl T takes you back to the classic chord chart where the Record Midi button resides if the shortcut doesn't work for you.

Charlie
Posted By: jonel Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/14/16 10:28 AM
Thank you Charlie. That works for me too. Where did you find that shortcut? Page 197 of the manual implies that we still have the Record to Midi icon on the toolbar. I have long lost confidence on how well PGM manual updates reflect the version of windows they describe.

Regards

John Lundrigan
From the Classic chord chart screen, when I hovered my mouse over the Record Midi button, a yellow info message displayed the R shortcut. I returned to the new chord chart screen, tried it and it worked...

Glad it's working for you.

Charlie
Posted By: abrinton Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/15/16 03:50 PM
At the right end of the Play bar (play, FF, stop, pause) is a faint red button for record.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/15/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
At the right end of the Play bar (play, FF, stop, pause) is a faint red button for record.

What he said. That should bring up the Record screen, from where you can decide what/where to record.
Posted By: Cerio Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/15/16 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: abrinton

That is the Record Audio icon. I think the OP is asking for the Record Midi icon, not present in the new small interface.
Posted By: jonel Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/16/16 06:41 AM
Thanks all for the help here. I also unfairly criticised PGM for their manual when I was at fault for not reading the UPGRADE copy which clearly outlined the modes to use. I'm comfortable with it now.

Regards

John
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2017 - Where is my Midi Record? - 12/16/16 10:00 AM
John, thanks from me for that feedback. It's great when we realize (me too) that we overlooked some things, and are able to clarify.
© PG Music Forums