PG Music Home
Posted By: Frank Alves Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 09:06 PM
I'm having problems with one of the new features in BIAB 2017. My computer keeps freezing up whenever I try to load a second set of Real Drums onto a track other than the drum track. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll be calling support tomorrow.

Thank you!

Frank
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 09:26 PM
Frank,

Unless I'm misinterpreting the feature that you're seeking to use, as far as I'm aware, Multidrums are only available on the Drums track. Realdrums are not able to be loaded onto tracks other than the Drum track unless a specific number of bars of a drum track has been converted to an acidized loop.

I include the below in my post just in case it's useful information.

Regards,
Noel

IMAGE 1 (How to access the Multidrums)
1. Right-click somewhere in the region I've called #1.

2. Select Multidrums (#2).

3. Select one of the options shown by #3.

IMAGE 2 (Adding multiple lots of Realdrums)
1. Enable Multidrums (#1) in the dialogue box that pops up.

2. Enable the individual tracks for the added drums.

3. Choose the drums you wish to add (buttons #3).

4. The dB offset (#4) allows one to balance the volume of the added drums against the existing percussion. Negative values will lower the volume and positive values will raise the volume.

Description: IMAGE 1 - How to access Multidrums (BIAB 2017)
Attached picture accessing multidrums 2017.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2 - Multidrums settings
Attached picture multidrums dialog 2017.JPG
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 09:40 PM
Thanks so much Noel. I somehow misunderstood that Real Drums could be on multiple tracks. Now I understand that this is done within the existing drum track.

Honestly, I was disappointed not to see PG Music include their blue pamphlet outlining all of the new features with BIAB 2017. This would probably have made it more clear on how to accomplish multiple Real Drum tracks.

I understand that the new feature booklet is available through the help menu as a PDF; however, in the past it was always very helpful to read through the pamphlet before firing up a new version of BIAB.

Thanks again for your quick response.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 09:54 PM
Frank,

I'm glad to read that the above helped.

The below might also be of interest.

The following link is to a 7.5 minute video that gives an overview of the new features in BIAB 2017.

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=5p1mI1fsPm8

Also, this next link gives a 13 minute overview of the 202 new Realtracks.

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=d6Ru_aWsVIM

All the best for 2017,
Noel
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 10:46 PM
You should be able to have 7 drum tracks, I loaded 3 in and it worked okay. If you had a separate drum/cymbal on each track you could mix them how you like with the stereo mix of the other instruments loaded in the Audio track.
With the MultiDrums it sets the volume then generates all the combined drums/instruments to a stereo track, so you can't do a live mix on it.

Attached picture BB_3DrumTracks.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 10:50 PM
Thanks, Pipeline. I wasn't aware of that, it slipped past me. Very interesting.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problems with Secondary Drum Track - 12/26/16 10:58 PM
And, with ReWire coming you might be able to have one instance of BB synced to the other as they should both start play at the same time, as BB don't play instantly ??
© PG Music Forums