PG Music Home
Posted By: Danny C. Audible Count In Persist until I regenerate - 12/28/16 07:04 PM
I am using 2017 with the latest build.

While my preferences is set to "no audible count in" as it has in every past version of BIAB I am now getting an audio count in on every song I have frozen and saved, nearly 2000. So far I have to go to each song and unfreeze the drums, regenerate and then re-freeze. I hate to think I will have to do this for 2000 files.

Wondered if anyone had this issue and if there is a workaround, or better yet a way to correct it for all files at one time?

Thanks,
I'd send an email to support and wait for a fix before trying to fix 2000 files. I would imagine something like this should be an easy fix, as the problem was not present previously.
Thanks John, hope all is well with you.

Happy New Year my old (BIAB TIME, not yours lol)friend.

Later,
I wonder if rebuilding the SongPicker song list would count as opening the files? Each one gets loaded into the program so it may.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I wonder if rebuilding the SongPicker song list would count as opening the files? Each one gets loaded into the program so it may.

I'll try that and let you know Jim.

Thanks,
Nahh, no luck Jim, but a heck of an idea/thought.

Thanks again,
Have you tried turning off the audible-lead in?

Prefs-CountIn- AudibleLeadIn <----------- set to off
Posted By: bbdawg NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 05:03 PM
My search "no audible count in" keeps sending me to this thread - so I have NO audible count in - I have settings for volume at 120, high wood block, one bar count in; still no sound - this is on a MGU file where i edited in a custome bass line using melodist, if that makes any difference. Note - this is on ver 2017, which i finally updated from 2007, and this simple thing has got me stum ped.
visible metronome works fine; all else is working so far.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 06:13 PM
Does a normal song play a lead-in (by a normal song, I mean a song that has drums, and doesn't have something custom in it. For example if you load demo songs from c:\bb\RealTracks - demos
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Does a normal song play a lead-in (by a normal song, I mean a song that has drums, and doesn't have something custom in it. For example if you load demo songs from c:\bb\RealTracks - demos

Yes it does Peter, "every" song now has the lead in. I got help from Anthony and Joseph regarding return to factory settings by deleting these files Intrface.bbw & MySetup.DK but still no joy.

I am now reinstalling with the hopes that all will be well because of deleting those files combined with the new install. I'll let you know.

edited: Yes, audible lead-in is set to off

Thanks,
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: bbdawg
My search "no audible count in" keeps sending me to this thread - so I have NO audible count in - I have settings for volume at 120, high wood block, one bar count in; still no sound - this is on a MGU file where i edited in a custome bass line using melodist, if that makes any difference. Note - this is on ver 2017, which i finally updated from 2007, and this simple thing has got me stum ped.
visible metronome works fine; all else is working so far.

I would love to give you mine, lol.

Best of Luck,
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 09:20 PM
Update . . .

Just finished the re-install, still no relief from the lead in clicks. Looks like I will be spending part of 2017 regenerating lots of drum tracks. lol

I am still very grateful for the help guys, Happy New Year.

Later,
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/29/16 11:35 PM
Danny,

Sorry, I wish my suggestion had worked.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/30/16 01:32 AM
Danny,

Have you tried right-clicking on the startup shortcut and selecting 'run as administrator'?

I had a problem recently that was solved by running in admin mode.

Happy new year to you!
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/30/16 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Danny,

Have you tried right-clicking on the startup shortcut and selecting 'run as administrator'?

I had a problem recently that was solved by running in admin mode.

Happy new year to you!
Noel

Just did, no luck. Thanks for keeping me in mind Jim.

Happy New Year back atcha!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/30/16 11:17 PM
Wow, today was 1st time "ever" I had issues with BIAB on a gig. BIAB 2017 just does not want to get along with my BIAB designated laptop. Thousands of gigs with many many years of installing every new version and it seems my luck has run out as today's gig was miserable with many issues, from files not playing as frozen to just plain stops at various points in songs. LOL, heck having to regenerated every drum track now seems like a minor task.

With this said, other than everything was fine with this laptop before the 2017 install I am thinking maybe it's my laptop that does not want to play nice with 2017. So I will go out and purchase another laptop ASAP as these issues have to be fixed before next weeks gigs.

In the meantime can anyone tell me how to revert back to BIAB 2016 for a New Years Eve gig I have tomorrow? As cancelling at this time is not an option.

Thank you all so much & Happy New Year!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/31/16 12:49 AM
Danny,

Given the urgency, I suggest you create a new thread with the last request. That helps people see it quickly.

Because 2017 included an upgrade of Zplane's elastique transposing software, reverting to 2016 may have hidden issues.

If you have 2016 on a USB drive, you could simply run BBW.EXE from the \bb directory on that drive.

Contacting PG Music support might be a good idea too.

All the best
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/31/16 03:45 AM
Hi Noel,

Good point but I just realized I have 2016 on a hard-drive. So I may just install 2016 again over the 2017.

Update as well, I downloaded on three more laptops and the problem continues, could I have just gotten a hard-drive with a glitch?

I will try support Monday, thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/31/16 12:28 PM
Danny, if you are running Win 10 then after your gigs turn off automatic updates. I have an older laptop that for some reason doesn't like certain Win 10 updates but MS keeps trying to update it. This is happening in the background so you don't know where or when it is happening until the program you are using either slows way down or stops. YMMV
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 12/31/16 02:51 PM
Thanks Mario but I don't even use my gigging laptop on the internet. I have wifi turned off but I do get the updates on my other computers and the issues are the same on all three computers.

Also I am noticing that certain styles like "Sinatra" has to have every track regenerated before it will even play, in fact he program simply locks up on that file. LOL, nothing like having to ask your audience to be patient while you re-boot, un-freeze, regenerate with fingers crossed that all tracks will be correct when you hit play again.

I am in the process of uninstalling "all" BIAB on one computer and then re-install 2016 so I can get through my gig tonight . . . LOL, I type this will all fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks for the help my friend, Hugs to you and your bride and Happy New Year.

Later,
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/09/17 12:16 AM
Please excuse this self serving BUMP.

But I have done all I can think of, including trying tips from PG Music tech support along with writing support backup emails outlining continuing and in some cases new developing issues. I am toying with the idea of purchasing another 2017 hard drive, although really feel like I should not have to. As my issues continue on all three computers on which I have installed 2017, plus the hard-drive itself. Therefore this old non-techie thinks the issue might be from a faulty copy of 2017 containing some sort of glitch.

1st time since 2004 I have to say while I still love BIAB, I am not in love with it anymore. As these issues really make gigging a hassle.

Hopefully this squeaky wheel post will bring me some promising rain.

Later,
Posted By: Noel96 Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/09/17 01:15 AM
Danny,

I cannot see that purchasing a second hard drive will solve the problem. Before doing that, can you email me one of the unco-operative files and I'll see what happens on my system? My email is under my profile that's accessed by clicking on Noel96 (left of this post).

Regards
Noel
Posted By: lambada Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/09/17 01:58 AM
Sorry you're going through the wars Danny. Hope you get it sorted out quickly.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/09/17 10:00 PM
I will Noel, and I thank you but I have already mailed the same to PG Support a couple of weeks ago if memory serves me correctly and nada in return. So I will give them another week to replay.

Apologies for the frustration that may start appearing in-between the line. I promise I am doing my best to erase it.

Later,
Posted By: cubanpete Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/11/17 09:40 PM
Hi Danny, this might be a dumb question, but, have you turned off everything in your count-in preference dialog?

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/13/17 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Danny, this might be a dumb question, but, have you turned off everything in your count-in preference dialog?

Cheers

Mike B.

Yes I have Pete, but it was "almost" worth the pains in the butt to see your smiling face again, LOL!

How have you been?

Later,
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/13/17 05:40 AM
Hi Danny,
I'm having the same problem, but only on some songs. I'll send an email to Support, and maybe they can have another look.
Posted By: steelpix Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/18/17 10:41 AM
This week I tried to play my saved tracks and none of them would do the audible count in. Just the silent visual count in, in the top right hand corner. It is 2016 version. I di go into the preferences and then metronome but nothing I do there makes a difference.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 01/19/17 08:21 PM
Sorry you are having issues, although I would swap with you in a heartbeat. Lol, just shows how one man's problem could be another's blessing.

Best of Luck,
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: NO Audible metronome on count in - - 02/07/17 12:02 AM
Time for another bump.
© PG Music Forums