PG Music Home
Posted By: giovenuti XML-Format problems - 01/15/17 07:46 PM
Hi,

I have tried to use the possibility to Export a Band-In-A-Box composition in XML-File and use it with other Notation SW like MuseScore and Sibelius. This just because in BIAB is not possible to have a layout with differents measures per rows.
When I have opened the XML-File into the other Application I stated that more Lyric words or part of word was missing.
A bigger surprise was to stated that some chords was also changed... (F#m7 displayed as Dm7)
Why this behaviours?
Is it a BIAB problem or a problem of the others SW?
The same file imported in Sibelius has another outfit as in MuseScore and the amount of corrections that i have to do to have a good layout is very time expensive that is easier to write the file in place of import it and do modifications!!!
Is there a valid reasons because is not possible to have a flexibel layout in BIAB that adopt a different numbers of measures per row if the amount of notes or Words is not the same in all measures?
This behaviors was stated into BIAB 2016, but is still present into BIAB 2017.
Thank you for an answer that allow me to appreciate the features of the new XML-Format.

Regards
Giovanni

Attached picture Edoardo_BIAB_PrintPreview.jpg
Attached picture Edoardo_MuseScore_PrintPreview.jpg
Attached File
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: XML-Format problems - 01/15/17 10:21 PM
Originally Posted By: giovenuti
Hi,

I have tried to use the possibility to Export a Band-In-A-Box composition in XML-File and use it with other Notation SW like MuseScore and Sibelius. This just because in BIAB is not possible to have a layout with differents measures per rows...

It is possible to have different numbers of bars per rows in the Lead Sheet.
LeadSheet Window (Alt-W) > Opt. button > Fake Sheet bars/line:

Attached picture 2017-01-16_12-17-18.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: XML-Format problems - 01/15/17 10:22 PM
Hi Giovanni,

I use MuseScore 2.0.3 and I've found that it reads XML files exported from BIAB very well. Chords (including X9sus and slash chords) were interpreted with 100% accuracy. Below is how I used it.

EXPORT SETTINGS
These are shown on the top image below.

AFTER IMPORTING INTO MUSESCORE
The imported XML included two staves and two bars of BIAB's count-in.

1. To delete the first two bars...
(a) Select the measures.
(b) Use "Edit | Measure | Delete selected measures"

2. To delete the second staff...
(a) Choose "Edit | Instruments"
(b) Select "Staff 2" in the right-hand list and then click on "Remove".

Hope this helps.
Noel

Attached picture MuseScore import xml 1.JPG
Attached picture MuseScore remove staff xml 3.JPG
Posted By: jacko_karel Re: XML-Format problems - 01/16/17 03:37 AM
it is interesting, but probably desired size adjustment bar according to the amount of notes and text set not?
Posted By: giovenuti Re: XML-Format problems - 01/19/17 06:21 PM
Thanks to all that give me an answer...
I will investigate deeper and report if I find where is the BUG with the Chord F#m7 that is transformed into Dm7 and why some text are not diplayed.

Regards
Giovanni
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XML-Format problems - 01/19/17 08:19 PM
D/E became Asus in bar 7.

What happened to the double bar at the end of bar 7?

© PG Music Forums