PG Music Home
Hi all

BIAB flash logo does not appear at start up since build 457

Not a big problem but when I first installed 457 today after install it allowed me to tick the box for launch on exit
This I done as normal as I wanted to check all was working

Windows 7 immediately crashed and restarted I chose normal start .
When it came up it said it had recovered from un unexpected shut down .
Still it was working so no harm done,
Now I try to open BIAB and I get an exception error and an invalid bit map notice..

So I reinstall 457 now BIAB starts ok but I don’t get the flash screen logo
The prog seems ok.

To double check I go back to build 456 and sure enough the flash screen is back.
Not to be beaten I now reinstall 457 I don’t risk starting it on exit simply close the update window on completion .

BIAB opens from the desk top but no Flash Screen any one else noticed this or had notice of invalid bit maps on 457.

As I say its not a big deal but I’m sure PG would like the splash to work.

Any thoughts
Mike
I hadn't noticed this. Isn't there a checkbox though? I'll look later.
Hi,

I can confirm that the splash screen doesn't show on my 457 patch when started.

George
Ditto ... no splash screen, but it started right up with no crash.
same here...........no splash screen
HI ALL

Thanks for your conformation at least its not just me loosing my marbles!!

I never want to blame the program always me, mind you sometimes it is me!

Best regards
Mike
Verified, no splash screen on startup.

And no checkbox I could find.

It is disconcerting to see nothing happening except a spinning little blue circle (Windows 10).
Any update here? I am holding off on updating since I can't tell if this is a real problem or not?

Maybe without the splash screen it loads quicker - that would be a good thing? grin
Dan, this has been reported to PGM who have acknowledged and will fix in next patch.

I don't understand that it's creating any operational issues.
Right; this causes no functional difference. There are many other fixes you should get.

I think the loading time is unchanged. You just see the spinning timer instead of the splash screen.
Right, Confirmed here too. But I have noticed that BIAB 2017 takes much longer to load that 2016 did...at least for me.

Jeff
Copying Audio also doesn't seem to work; i understand they're working on it. F
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Right, Confirmed here too. But I have noticed that BIAB 2017 takes much longer to load that 2016 did...at least for me.

Jeff
This one seems to vary with the user. Many of us actually reported faster loading times in 2017.
But I have noticed that BIAB 2017 takes much longer to load that 2016 did...at least for me.

Jeff

I have noticed that also. Glad to not be alone in this situation.
Just after upgrading to 2017 version, loading values were a little bit higher in the LOG report.
I too noticed that in my WIN10 laptop loading times are a bit longer than 2016 version. Hope this will be fixed in the next patch.
I too am in the "no logo at start-up" after making the build 457 update and "(significantly in my case) longer start-up loading times" with 2017 than 2016.

My system is a clean install of Win 10, so it's not that.

Oh, well...
Splash screen or not, 2017 loads up lightning fast on my machine.
Hi,

My BIAB is version 456. When I check for updates there are none.

Where did version 457 go to?

Thanks!!
Originally Posted By: voxbox
Hi,

My BIAB is version 456. When I check for updates there are none.

Where did version 457 go to?

Thanks!!

It's available from the same forum page you're on now
Here's the direct link
Thanks for the update. I think I will wait a while before I update though to see what happens.
Sure, no problems.
The missing splash screen has no affect on the operation. There are many good fixes in 457.
Voxbox, I gave a bit more info in your separate thread about this. Check http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=391598&gonew=1#UNREAD

I think it's perfectly safe to go to 457, and as Videotrack mentioned, there are many fixes worth having. There is also a more recent update of the RealTracks; get that, too.
Regarding Start up time:

BIAB 2017 loads just a quick as prior, if not a bit quicker.

First time startup ~ 25 secs. After that, until I reboot it takes about ~7 secs. Been this way for a long time ever since I told my antivirus not to check its startup.

BIAB keeps an log file which tracks this startup time. My log goes back to 2015 so I can see the consistency.

Check on how your antivirus treats the startup if you are seeing a longer period.
Good ideas Dan. I've excluded any and all music related, BIAB and RB folders both 32 and 64 bit. Where can I find the BIAB log file so I can check on the startup times.

Many thanks,

Jeff
... and also the "About" box is incomplete (empty) on the lower left side. ;-)
I checked and the About Box has data on my 457 OK.

Attached picture 2017-01-24_08-12-53.jpg
Mine seems to be OK in 457.
Brille, are you using a non-English version? That might be related.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Brille, are you using a non-English version? That might be related.

It's not, VT ... I am using the English Version... others have reported the same, who use the English version.

Once again, it takes nothing away from the functionality and it loads super fast.
We will restore the splash in the next build.
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
But I have noticed that BIAB 2017 takes much longer to load that 2016 did...at least for me.

Jeff

I have noticed that also. Glad to not be alone in this situation.
Just after upgrading to 2017 version, loading values were a little bit higher in the LOG report.

Same here.
I'll have a rummage in my NOD32 AV settings and see if anything there can speed it back up.

John
© PG Music Forums