PG Music Home
Hi,

Is anyone here using the Focusrite Scarlett 2iw 2nd gen interface with windows 7? I'm replaced my iRig Pro Duo with the Scarlett because of the audio issues with BIAB, however I'm having a ton of install and driver issues with the Scarlett......thanks!!
Hi Ed. I have all 1st generation Focusrite devices and Windows 10 so I can't help directly.

I was just wondering, to rule out the obvious, are there drivers for Windows 7 (no longer supported by Microsoft) in the 2nd generation Focusrite devices?
I have a 1st Gen Scarlett (6i) and there were issues - needed the newest firmware that didn't come "in the box" as well as the nightmare that was/is the software mixer. Once I'd sorted in all was fine. The clash between ASIO & BIAB preferred was an issue and I had to search the forums for how to. I have a 2nd gen 2i2o sitting in front of me but haven't installed it as I'm running XP for recording and it's a 7 & up device, (wasn't made clear upon purchase). Can't help you with that sorry.
First try using a different USB port then try uninstalling the driver from your previous USB audio interface, some of these USB interfaces use the same USB controller and windows attempts to use the driver that is already installed. I had this problem when I used a Line 6, and a Yamaha THR10C, and had a Behringer USB Mixer previously installed. They all seemed to use a Steinberg USB controller, I had to uninstall the Behringer driver to get the others to work properly
I'm running W10, the latest BIAB and a 2nd Gen Scarlet 2i2 with latest ASIO drivers. BIAB reports 6ms latency and the ASIO driver reports 44.1KHz sample rate and buffer size 128. Only small issue I seem to be having is if I let the computer go into sleep mode BIAB seems to somehow get out of sync with the 2i2. Only way to clear the issues is to re-start BIAB.

Had troubles a few months ago using this 2i2 with an older (Samsung) laptop which I'd upgraded from W8 to W10. That laptop never seemed trustworthy for live use after the "upgrade". Extreme long boot time, etc., and the Scarlet never worked reliably with BIAB if I also had some other audio app open, such as Transcribe. The new Lenovo seems much more sympatico with the 2i2.
My advice is....

Get the latest Focusrite software upgrade/update from them. Remove the old interface's drivers so they don't cause issues.

Use ASIO. If you were using ASIO4ALL, remove it from the computer entirely. I've heard people say that it can also cause issues with real ASIO if left on the machine.

I use a focusrite saffire. It loses sync occasionally and the only remedy is to reboot everything. And yes, the Focusrite software control panel can be a bit confusing. It took me a bit of time to figure it out. Most likely, that is part of the issue you are having. The instruction manual I had really didn't offer much in the way of help with the software control panel set up. But... I finally got it figured out. The good thing is, it doesn't need to be set up every time you start working. It remembers how you left it.
Go into device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers you will find several USB Root Hubs, double click on all of those and under power management make sure Allow Computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked. That should force your interface to stay connected
Of course - cool - thanks roslon!
The Scarlett doesn't come with a disk, and yes Matt the drivers are new for the 2nd gen 2i2, but it needs a special Windows update the windows won't install for me, I'm getting many different kinds of errors. I've sent tech support requests to Focusrite, but 5 days later they still haven't responded.......very frustrating...thanks for your responses guys.
My experience with their support has always been speedy and complete.
Matt, I've written them 2 support emails dated 2/5/2017 and I still haven't heard back, just the initial "We received your message, wait for our response"......weird....
Focusrite has always been quite supportive for my Saffire Liquid 56 Firewire interface when i contacted them about 64bit windows 7 problems. Even sent me a special pre release firmware update with special software for "burning" it into the unit. But after a year or so i found the software interface still too confusing to my liking, so i sold it in favor of a RME Fireface. Never regretted that step. F
© PG Music Forums