PG Music Home
Posted By: JEasyWeaver Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/11/17 04:39 PM
An add-on downloader. The ability to search a song through the browser, and download the style of the song.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/11/17 04:49 PM
I'm not really sure how to take the statement. Is this perhaps a wish-list item?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/11/17 05:02 PM
I'm puzzled as well. Could you give an example of how this would work?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/11/17 05:10 PM
I'm guessing that this is a wish-list item for a new feature incorporated into BiaB where you can search for a style and 'purchase online', which is then immediately downloaded to your own system.
(It's only a guess though.)
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/11/17 06:39 PM
There kind of already is an item like that.

http://swingingsoft.free.fr/biabExplore2.html

Folks, please don't be cheap - donate a few bucks if you use it.

It's not EXACTLY as you describe but is one handy little browser that can essentially do what you describe. I wouldn't be without it but I just realized I have NOT tried it in Win 10 (I will next item I boot but suspect no issues). I know in works in Win 7 Pro 64 because that's where I do use it.

I still default to Win 7 Pro when I boot even though Win 10 Pro is a mirror of Win 7 (in terms of the many hundreds of software items, drivers, etc.)

Why do I default to Win 7: long story - involves a lot of stuff that has almost (almost) nothing to do with music SW and HW.

Larry
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/12/17 04:02 PM
Larry,

There are some very interesting looking Band-in-a-Box apps at this site. Thanks very much for sharing the link.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Style Picker Browser Add-On - 03/12/17 07:50 PM
Jim

Thanks but I got that link from someone else here. I wish I could remember who so I could credit them.

But immaterial, the author deserves all the credit for a nice app!

Larry
© PG Music Forums