PG Music Home
Posted By: Edward Buckley VST Plug in playing GM midi tone? - 03/14/17 07:19 PM
Hi,

I'm using BIAB 2017 and my VST plug in on the thru channel is Pianoteq with jbridge. It works fine, however if I midi record it, when I play it back, the sound is GM midi vibes patch, I would like to her Pianoteq on playback as well........any tips?

Thanks so much!
Edward
Posted By: jford Re: VST Plug in playing GM midi tone? - 03/15/17 12:58 AM
You need to set the melody track to use the same VSTi. The thru track let'syou record to the Melody track, but while you are recording, you hear the Thru track settings. When you play back, you hear the melody track settings.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: VST Plug in playing GM midi tone? - 03/15/17 11:50 AM
John, you are my hero Sir!! Thank you
Posted By: jford Re: VST Plug in playing GM midi tone? - 03/15/17 12:21 PM
I have put on the wishlist the ability to have an option where when you record something, whatever settings the Thru track uses is automatically set for either the Melody or Soloist track when the recording finishes (as that just seems to make sense to me). Hopefully we'll get that in the future.

That way, you set up the Thru track the way you want things to sound, and you don't then have to remember all the settings you need to replicate for the destination track. In other words, let the computer do it for you, as it should be.

I'm glad it worked out for you.
© PG Music Forums