PG Music Home
Posted By: HappyRon Importing Midi Drums to drum track in BIAB - 03/21/17 01:59 AM
I may be missing something obvious but is it possible to import a song with the drum track and play the drum track as it is in BIAB.

Ultimately I want to use the Drum Kit Window to display the playing drum in BIAB for an educational thing I'm doing and I can't seem to find a option that keeps the drums as they are while importing.

I know you can in realband but that doesn't have the Drum Kit Window.

Thanks for answering! I've only been using this program for 20 years
Ron,

With the exception of Melody and Soloist, the BIAB tracks are reserved exclusively for BIAB to generate backings on. They are not like the tracks of a midi player/sequencer where you can direct what goes where. That's why when one loads a midi into BIAB, one can only send it to the Melody track or the Soloist track.

I cannot, off-hand, think of any way to load an external midi drum file into BIAB's Drum track.

Regards,
Noel

Go to File > Import > Soloist from midi file

Select Ch10 only

Piano Roll > S > right click Select All notes > Cut

Piano Roll > D > at the very start, right click > Paste
use the Shift key to drag the front of the first note while they all all still red to bring it to the start.

RealBand does have the same Drum Window

There was a 3D Virtual Midi Drummer

Ahh of course.. via Piano Roll. Thanks Pipeline, that didn't occur to me.

After you've copied it, you'll need to freeze the track to keep it.
You can use BLANK.STY or disable the Style.
Thanks for the advice, that 3d drum window looks nicer then band in a box's is there any way to get that, i can't find references to it anywhere.

The band in box drum window has an option to only show drums that are being used, but I find that get's rid of about half the drums but keeps the rest, even many that aren't used. Is there a more detailed control somwhere to fine tune it.

Finally found the drum kit window in realband.
Found it:

https://github.com/drummyfish/drummykit
Thanks ! had a quick look but couldn't find it as the link under the video was dead, if someone made it into a vst would be good or have a midi in on it.
I've tried these instuctions to import a drum MIDI track, but it doesn't work. I cannot see the imported track

Are there updated instructions to import a MIDI drum track to BiB 2023?

Thank you
I've got it now! User error blush
© PG Music Forums