PG Music Home
Posted By: hamilc How to make BiaB play a song that I click on. - 04/23/17 05:24 PM
Is there a way such that when I click on a :mgu" file BiaB will start and load the song? The program starts but I cannot drag the song into the BiaB window.

Also, is thee a way to be notified via email when thee is a response to my post?
Are you meaning if one clicks on a song using Windows file explorer or do you mean when using BIAB's "File | Open" command?
Using windows file explorer
Does this setting work for you?

Attached picture 2017-04-24_08-10-25.jpg
Originally Posted By: hamilc

Also, is thee a way to be notified via email when thee is a response to my post?

You can add the forum to your watched list (My Stuff > Watched Lists), and set the watch list to email you when a new Post or Topic is created.

I'm not sure about being notified to a reply to your own post. Others may know more. It's not a feature that I use.

Attached picture 2017-04-24_08-21-04.jpg
Not really. Clicking a biab song will start BiaB but the song is not loaded. I was hoping that when I clicked the song, it would automatically be loaded.
Originally Posted By: hamilc
Not really. Clicking a biab song will start BiaB but the song is not loaded. I was hoping that when I clicked the song, it would automatically be loaded.

Hmmm, it's working find here. You need to double click on the BiaB song file.
What settings do you have in Control Panel for File Associations. Is it like below?
What version of BiaB are you running?

Attached picture 2017-04-24_09-41-58.jpg
Clicking a BIAB file in File Explorer opens BIAB and loads the song for me. Why do you go the "long way around" to open a song? Just open the song inside BIAB. F3 brings up my songs.
Build 463 just fixed a lot of problems related to this.
not for me!
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Version 2017 (463)
still opens bandinabox without opening the song
I have BiaB 2017 build 463 and it works perfectly here.
© PG Music Forums