PG Music Home
Posted By: 1manband Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/09/17 05:12 PM
Since updating to Build 463, the Song Memo stays open all the time. I have it to Auto-open and not to close w/play because I sometimes refer to it during a song's intro.

But now it stays on screen even after the song ends and when I open the Open File dialog box (F3) or the Favorite Songs (shift + F3) or when I open the Preferences. Maybe any screen within BIAB? If I switch to another program, I may not see it but I do when I switch to my browser; I see it now as I compose this message.

I tried "Return to Factory Settings" (both MOST and ALL) and it had no effect on this.

Suggestions?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/09/17 06:03 PM
Will check...

EDIT: My two checkboxes are set the opposite of yours, so I would never have noticed a problem. It works fine with my settings. I'll try yours now.

EDIT: Everything works OK for me.

Auto-Open does that.

Close with play does that (immediately, not after the intro).

Unchecking Close with Play works correctly, too - it stays on screen.

--------------------------------

Did you click on the Update button after changing the settings?

Posted By: 1manband Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/09/17 06:52 PM
I had not changed any settings from what I had always used with previous builds when this new behavior began after installing 463; I have always used Auto-open and have never used "Close w/play." What's new is the Song Memo box staying open even when I enter F3 (File Open) or Shift+F3 (Favorites) or even when I enter Alt+Tab and switch to ANY other program (browser, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, pdf file - ANYTHING - I still see the Song Memo.

The only thing that gets rid of it is selecting the "Close" button. I never had to do that before and for my routine, it's very inconvenient.

And, yes, I tried the "Update" button. No effect, even after rebooting.

Any other ideas?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/10/17 01:00 AM
Yes, but not for you. I'll report it to the developers.
Posted By: 1manband Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/10/17 07:09 PM
I reported it to PG Music Support today and PG Music tech Will promptly replied that this is a known issue and that a fix is coming...

What a GREAT company! Thank you, PG Music!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 05/10/17 09:36 PM
Originally Posted By: 1manband
What a GREAT company! Thank you, PG Music!

Absolutely!
Posted By: 1manband Re: Song Memo Remains Open All the Time - 06/20/17 10:57 PM
I just installed build 466 and this problem now seems to be fixed.

Thanks, PG Music!
© PG Music Forums