PG Music Home
Recreating a 6/8 style waltz using Style RT187. Everything is ok with the Kick on 1st M and stick/snare on following M.

But I've thrown in an extra "breath" or comp measure in the middle of each 'verse' and 'chorus' section and another breath measure at the end of each.

Problem is the drummer and band get out of sync with the beat following the breath measure.

Anything I can change to get the RT band back in sync?

Thanks,
Rick
How did you "But I've thrown in an extra "breath" or comp measure in the middle of each 'verse' and 'chorus' section"?

Can you give some details?

If you added a bar from a different style, is the time signature set (using Bar Settings - F5)?

Were any of the tracks frozen before adding this comp measure? If so, expect to have some sort of issue.

Give us more details of how you did the throwing. This could assist us to work out the issue.
Rick,

Does the 'breath measure' have a different number of counts from the other measures?

For example, do the other measures have 4 beats and the 'breath' measure have 2 beats?

If this is the case, in the equivalent of the 2-beat cell, put a chord on the non-playing beat, beat 3. Since BIAB has 4 chord positions within a cell, in a 2-beat scenario only beats 1 and 2 are being used. Putting a chord on beat 3 corrects the generating of the Realtrack.

Regards,
Noel

Sorry, I should have said I inserted a measure in the middle and at the end of each verse & chorus. I didn't change styles, beats per bar or anything else, just inserted those bars.

This is played 6/8, although there is not a 6/8 selection it plays like 6/8. Kick on 1, stick on 4.

A better explanation of the problem would be that until the extra measure happens, the kick is on beat 1 of M1, then the stick is on beat 1 of M2 and so on. After the extra bar, I WANT the same pattern, but it's playing the stick on beat 1 M1 and kick on beat 1 M2.

The extra measure is only playing kick on beat 1.

Hope that's a better explanation.

edit> added rendering to my SoundCloud page.
Thanks!
Rick,

The time signature of 6/8 is one that is not native to BIAB. Because of this, it is actually difficult to interpret your information accurately and to know how best to respond to help you.

If you could provide us with a view of your BIAB chord sheet in the standard view mode that would help immeasurably. To this...

1. Use CTRL+T to switch from 'full-screen mode' (if you are using that) to 'standard view mode'.

2. Load the song and generate it to make sure that all Realtracks, midi tracks and drums are showing.

3. Press 'Printscreen' to capture the desktop and load it as an image onto the clipboard.

4. Open the program 'Paint' that comes with Windows.

5. Use CTRL+V to paste the image on the clipboard into Paint. Do not modify the image in any way.

6. Save the image in Paint as jpg.

7. Go to the link below and follow the instructions for adding an image to a post.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386690#Post386690

8. Let us know which bar number, mid-song, causes the playback to go awry.

Below is a screenshot of my computer and the chordsheet-view that I need to see that will help provide me with insight into your settings. Then, hopefully, I might be able to help with accuracy rather than simply guess what might had happened.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture chordsheet in standard view.jpg
Thanks Noel,
here is my screenshot.

bar 18 causes the shift. The other extra bars are not.

Attached picture paradise.jpg
I think adding an extra 2 bars helps. Not accurate, but "ll see if it's livable.

Attached picture paradise 2.jpg
Thanks, Rick. The image helped heaps.

I've loaded in all the settings and tracks you have and I can re-create the problem you are experiencing.

As mentioned in my post above, 6/8 is not native to BIAB. To use this time signature, it's necessary to be creative. This particular style recreates 6/8 by having two bars of fast 3/4. This gives the feeling of six beats to the bar. It is important to keep in mind, though, that it is accomplished by using two bars of music.

The fact that this time signature requires these two bars for the six beats is where the problem lies. It explains why the drums unsynchronised. Because you added a single bar (bar 18) to give some 'breath', from the music's perspective, you've only added half a 6/8 bar (i.e. two bars are needed for the full six beats).

As a consequence of the above, the net effect is that instruments seem to be displaced by half a bar from bar 19 onwards.

If you want to maintain the same 6/8 feel throughout, it's necessary to add two bars in the middle and not just a single bar.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Rick,

You may be able to accomplish "adding a breathe" by using the F5 button to open the F5 menu and then applying a tempo change for one or two bars.

While everything depends on the original tempo of the song, I've found slowing the tempo about 5% works well. Don't forget you have to use F5 in the following bar to set the tempo back to the song's original bpm.

Attached picture Tempo Change.jpg
© PG Music Forums