PG Music Home
Posted By: DTravz .wav creating issue - 08/12/09 12:37 PM
New user needs help!

I created a song in BB, (latest version), that I want to create the .wav for. I want a 4 beat count-in with the side stick audible on the .wav. When I create the .wav, the first bar seems to be truncated. I think I tried every combination of options possible to no avail. I'm sure it's something I overlooked, because this is the first time I have had this particular problem. I'm not very proficient at editing the .wav I created to replace the missing bar yet, and I really want to let BB do it's thing and it will be perfect.
Also, is there a tutorial for editing waveshapes available? (I didn't have time to look for one but I know that it would make my life easier.)
I am using Vista HP on a new laptop, which I don't believe are the problem here since I have not had this problem with other .wav creations.
I have a gig Saturday and have to solve this asap. All help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Doug
Posted By: Rachael Re: .wav creating issue - 08/12/09 01:44 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by truncated? Are these midi drums or RealDrums? What combination of options did you try? And how are you creating the .wav file?

There have been some issues with BIAB and rendering to a WAV file. A workaround for this is to use the R Audio (Record Audio) button. This will create a WAV in realtime for your song. Basically, what you hear is what you'll get. You may have to work with you recording levels but it is pretty easy.

Another option would be to export the song into RealBand and work with it there.

Rachael
Posted By: John Conley Re: .wav creating issue - 08/12/09 02:25 PM
Download Audicity for editing. It's free, a quick download and pretty easy to use. You can fade in and out, an do minor edits.

My advice would be go into the song and add a four bar intro, and in prefs, count in, add whichever count in you want.
Posted By: DTravz Re: .wav creating issue - 08/12/09 04:47 PM
Thanks for your fast responses.
More specifically, I have a 4 bar intro, and a 4 count-in side stick before the intro.
It plays perfectly in BB. My Render To Audio File settings are:

One WAV per track;
Stereo Files;
Merge in Audio Track;
Include 2 bar lead-in;
Include Drum Count-in sound;

When I render using the DXi - Direct Render (save WAV file) button, the first bar of the .wav file is missing and the count-in is not correct. It's almost like the count-in 'stepped on' the first bar.

I just closed everything last night and went to bed hoping for a fresh perspective and help from you folks.

The R Audio looks like the way to go. Where is the .wav file created? Also, I am using the PreSonus AudioBox USB interface with my laptop instead of my sound card.
Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: Rachael Re: .wav creating issue - 08/12/09 04:57 PM
Are you using Midi or RealDrums? If Midi, there may be some events in the drum track causing this.

The R Audio will create the file in the same directory as the song. After you Save it, the WAV will have the same file name as your song. If you leave the WAV there, it will play along with your song thus duplicating everything. Probably best to move the WAV if you like the result.

You may have to use your built-in sound card for the R Audio.

R
Posted By: DTravz Re: .wav creating issue - 08/13/09 11:27 AM
Wow...I did the R Audio thing and I still got the same results. These are Real Drums and Real Tracks that I am using.
I decided to take the time and use the WAV editing features and with a little cutting, moving stuff around, and pasting, along with some necessary pinpoint gain changes to reduce some loud artifacts as a result of pasting, did the job!!!
BB and PTW are pretty awesome tools as one gets more proficient at using them. But I know I am preaching to the 'choir' as they say.

Thanks again for the help. My other songs did not have this particular issue so it turns out to be a fixable glitch.

Doug in Perth NY
Posted By: Mac Re: .wav creating issue - 08/13/09 01:49 PM
YOur problem with the one style or song *might* be corrected in an update of the program or the RealTracks, check the update pages to make sure you are running the latest stuff.

Good solve, that's the Git-R-Done spirit!

--Mac
© PG Music Forums