PG Music Home
Posted By: T9cStudio Triplet endings. How to? - 06/18/17 09:35 PM
I made a rockabilly song and really wanted a triplet ending on it, but could not figure it out.

How do you make a triplet ending to a song?

Thx,
Rick
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Triplet endings. How to? - 06/19/17 03:32 AM
Maybe try generating 2 bar end and the start location of it it your song? i mean experiment with where this ending should start. With RT's i usually mark the place where the stop is with the chord HOLD input ("C..." = hold chord). withe 1 to 3 empty bars to let BIAB select a sustaining end "hold" WAV there for a naturaller ending. With RT's i usually switch "generate 2 bars" off though, but found in the old BIAB days with midi only it could be useful. Otherwise export the RT tracks to a DAW like reaper or Cubase etc and edit the ending there. Could try Realband too BTW, you could copy and paste a section you like to a different place, only i found creating a fade or "soft-stop" for a piece of a WAV not really easy to do in Realband. F
Posted By: tonnie Re: Triplet endings. How to? - 06/19/17 03:27 PM
Rick,

A long time ago I posted a way to enter chord triplets in a 4/4 song, by e.g. changing it to half a bar of ¾ and adjusting the remainder of that bar to 2/4.

Of course just will have to adjust the speed of the song for that ¾ bar, as it must last as short as 2/4 of the regular 4/4 bar.

Good luck!
Tonnie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Triplet endings. How to? - 06/19/17 04:34 PM
Rick,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a 'triplet ending'. Can you give us an example of what you're trying to achieve in either notation, an audio clip or a link to a song on Youtube?

Once I can see or hear what you're trying to achieve, I'll see if any thoughts spring to mind on how to accomplish it.

In the meantime, see if the below thread that I created back in 2014 helps...

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=418459&#Post418459

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: T9cStudio Re: Triplet endings. How to? - 06/20/17 01:44 AM
Noel, In my mind it's (next to last bar) 1-2-3-4 & (last bar) 1 and a 2.

And I'm using RealTracks.

© PG Music Forums