PG Music Home
Posted By: filkertom Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/13/17 10:03 PM
If I click on the first bar of the 2-bar ending, and insert some bars (to pad the last chorus, put in a tag, or whatever), the song length does not adjust automatically. I have to fix it manually. That seems to me to be a relatively easy bug fix. At least I hope so.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/13/17 10:28 PM
Have you tried setting your endings in "Song Settings"? It's the icon at the right end of the title bar or "Edit-Song Form-Settings"
Posted By: Keith44 Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 04:33 AM
right button on last bar before the 2-bar ending - select song settings - fill in tag details - biab will sort out the song length
Posted By: filkertom Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 12:10 PM
I appreciate it, guys, but, no, that's not it. That's for telling the song I intend to have a tag. Seriously, what happens when YOU go to any song -- do one without a tag! -- go to the first bar of the 2-bar end, and insert some bars?
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 01:07 PM
Could it be as simple as changing the number of bars of the song or going to Edit-Insert Bars?
Posted By: jford Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 01:54 PM
I didn't have a chance to check this personally, but the two bar ending is "known" to the program (because you tell it to either do it or not) and is separate from the rest of the song (other than possibly having a chord for the two bar ending to play). I you insert bars at that point (as opposed to just typing more chords, which isn't the same as inserting bars and lengthening the song), then everything should adjust accordingly, with the new two bar ending after the inserted chords.

I agree that this shouldn't be that difficult.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 02:54 PM
Ray, this is WHEN I use Edit->Insert Bars.
Posted By: Dave Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/14/17 03:53 PM
I think John has the answer. If you tell BIAB there is no ending, from song settings, you can add bars to the end of the song. If there is a 2 bar ending, either after the last song bar or started early, BIAB won't let you add bars at that point. Move back a bar and it seems to be OK
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Longtime bug: Song Length - 08/20/17 02:01 AM
Right, the ending is a fixed thing by Biab. It's an easy default for those who don't want to write an ending. If you want to add bars to the Biab generated ending then that's the definition of a tag meaning you forget Biab's ending and write a tag. A tag can be any length you want up to the 255 bar limit.

bob
© PG Music Forums