PG Music Home
Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles bonus and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Adding the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchase to receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK:

Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - 49-PAK Overview
I asked at your YT place already, so I might as well try my luck here:

Anyone have the insight on what sound source(s) have been used for the accordion audio demos in this clip?
Hi Icelander,

There are several accordions in that video, and they fall into 2 categories, MIDI Supertracks demos, and RealTracks demos. The demos at 1:20, 6:36, 6:43, & 6:51 are all MIDI Supertracks demos, and the demos at 4:41, 4:48, 4:55 & 5:09 are RealTracks demos.

In all the cases here, the MIDI Supertracks demos are using the accordion patch from the Coyote Wavetable, which is available to all Band-in-a-Box users. All of the RealTracks demos in this particular video were recorded on a Roland V-Accordion. The accordionist in all cases was world champion Cory Pesaturo. In some cases Cory used an acoustic accordion for the styles, where he thought it would be best suited to the style, and in the cases where he used the V-Accordion, picked the specific sounds appropriate to the style.

I hope that helps,
Tobin
Brilliant! cool

But, this "Coyote Wavetable" thing is a term I'm not familiar with, yet you say it's already "available to all Band-in-a-Box users"?! confused

Edit: Right, after a quick investigation I've discovered that the above statement I found so confusing comes from that annoying speech habit of PC users' signified by the (equally annoying) "PC = All" vocabulary.

Or, in short: That statement only holds true for pc users, not ALL!!!

I wonder if women find it as annoying when we say "hey, guys" meaning "all" in a group consisting of both genders wink
Hi Icelander,

Coyote is the General MIDI (GM) synth that we ship with Band-in-a-Box. During the installation, it's an option to install with Band-in-a-Box. By default it's on, so unless you specifically deselected it, it should already be installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2x6fuuu036jngm/Coyote_1.jpg?dl=0

If it is installed, to use it go to Options| MIDI/Audio Driver Setup, and make sure Use Vst/DXi synth is checked, and then click on the button underneath that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ncx01fx28r3q8/Coyote_2.jpg?dl=0

...and then you select it in this dialog:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k2l11jtxhux2a0/Coyote_3.jpg?dl=0
Regarding "all" referring to Windows users and not Mac users, given that the context of the thread was a video of Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows Bonus 49-PAK, "all" was meant to apply to "all users to whom this video applies". smile
HI Icelander

The sound you get for the midi in Biab will depend on the midi synth you use.
The Coyote wave table is just a wrapper for the Microsoft wave table but makes it available as a dxi to use as your default synth if you like and you don’t use any other vst synth like say my Yamaha xg lite . or another.
However you may of course use an external midi module like the Ketron sd2 or similar in which case you will get whatever sounds it has.
Never the less what you hear in the demo will be as stated, if the coyote wave table was the source during the recording as they say, you are therefore listening to the coyote wave table accordions,
Mike
Originally Posted By: Mike Head

The Coyote wave table is just a wrapper for the Microsoft wave table...

Not that I have read...it has it's own sounds and they are WAY better than the MS one (which is ancient Roland sounds).

I wish I could get the Sampletank2 OMNI GM running, but I have never been able to get it loaded as a GM set.....
OK folks, how on earth do I add the 2018 49-PAK for $49 to my order?! I can find videos, text, demos, but NO link to add it to my cart....I am stuck in a "box" that I can not get out of....... mad

HELP!!!!

cry laugh wink cool
Originally Posted By: jcspro40
OK folks, how on earth do I add the 2018 49-PAK for $49 to my order?! I can find videos, text, demos, but NO link to add it to my cart....I am stuck in a "box" that I can not get out of......

Since the 49-PAK is offered as an optional "upsell" during our Band-in-a-Box 2018 release, you will have an option to add this to your Band-in-a-Box order within the shopping cart.

Already have Band-in-a-Box 2018 and now you want to add the 49-PAK to your collection? Just add any Band-in-a-Box for Windows package to your cart, add the 49-PAK, then remove the Band-in-a-Box package. Of course you can also give us a call directly: http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

smile
Originally Posted By: jcspro40
Originally Posted By: Mike Head

The Coyote wave table is just a wrapper for the Microsoft wave table...

Not that I have read...it has it's own sounds and they are WAY better than the MS one (which is ancient Roland sounds).

I wish I could get the Sampletank2 OMNI GM running, but I have never been able to get it loaded as a GM set.....

jcxpro40,

Band-in-a-Box for Windows ships with Coyote WT which, as Mike said, is a DXI wrapper for the wavetable sounds inherit in the Windows operating systems.

What you have likely read about is Coyote Forte. Coyote Forte includes wavetable sounds. +++ HERE +++ is an external link to Coyote Forte while +++ HERE +++ is PG Music's sales link.
Hi Jim

Thanks for that !
i would hate to post wrong info. blush

Mike smile
© PG Music Forums