PG Music Home
Hi everybody,

Has anyone received the following error message when attempting to sort styles by prototype: "Access violation at address 007263F3 in module 'bbw.exe'. Write of address 42286CB4.", and If yes, have you managed to find a solution to the problem?

Thank you,

Michael
I'm not sure what you mean by Prototype.
Can you describe the steps?

What version, patch etc of BiaB?
The error message shows when attempting to apply "Mark as Prototype, and sort by Similar Styles to= ..." command to a style in the StylePicker.

BB 2018 build 506.

It happens both on a Windows 7 x64 and a Windows 10 Pro x64 machines.

Michael
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by Prototype.

BIAB has a feature in stylepicker called prototype...I know this because when the new StylePicker came out, it was removed as a feature and I asked that it be put back in and they did.

Basically, what it does is to mark a selected style as a "prototype", meaning a way to select styles that match the prototype in various ways. When you select the command "Mark as Prototype and sort by Similar Styles...", the StylePicker will then sort and filter the list by best to worst match based on the prototype's style tempo, feel, genre, time signature, and other factors.

It lets you choose a style that is close to what you want (based on those criteria) and display a list of other styles that match that criteria.

In the original StylePicker (before the new interface), you could set a prototype, and then all the styles that were similar displayed with an asterisk next to them. That's how you knew which ones matched.

That being said, I haven't tried it in the latest build, so I don't know if it would throw an exception error. If I get a chance, I'll try it out tonight.
I see now, I couldn't recall where to find it.

Yes, I can confirm the issue, reporting it to the developers also.

Attached picture 2017-12-19_13-04-18.jpg
Hi, VideoTrack.

The issue has been solved in update 508.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Have a great Christmas weekend!

Michael
© PG Music Forums