PG Music Home
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 12/31/17 11:44 PM
When I select several bars, as shown below,

and then right-click on the first bar in the selection to choose an action to perform on those bars (such as copy or delete), all bars except the bar you right-clicked on will be deselected. This seems to happen almost all of the time although I have seen it not happen when I was trying to reproduce it and check for any patterns in bar selection. This happens in BIAB 2018 and 2017 (not sure about before that).

And before someone can say "just click a different bar", yes, I know I can do that but it is natural to select and then right-click the beginning of a selection so this is a bug that needs to be addressed.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 12/31/17 11:56 PM
John,

BIAB 2018 (508) here. When I just tried this, it worked for me whichever bar I clicked.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/01/18 04:24 AM
Thanks Noel but it is definitely happening to me. Not every time but definitely once or more in every session. I suspect if you try this several times it will happen to you as well.

1) click and drag to select a few bars
2) with those bars selected right-click on the first selected bar
3) sometimes this will cause everything that was selected to be deselected

As I said this is not new to 2018...it has been there with 2017. And it is not unique to my setup. I just tried it twice on my old computer running BIAB 2017 build 463 and the first time it was fine and the second time it deselected bars.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/01/18 12:04 PM
Wild guess: are your mouse drivers up to date?
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/01/18 12:58 PM
Same exact bug on two different computers...two different mice...two different versions of BIAB...two different versions of Windows...all drivers up to date.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/02/18 06:02 PM
JJJ:
I get the same as Noel.
I started with a "new" file and typed in your chords into the same bars as you have.
I used the mouse to click on bar 1 and drag down to bar 11 to highlight those bars.
I right click on bar 1 (the cells stay highlighted) and select Copy.
I right click on bar 12 (cells are still highlighted) and select Paste. They plunk right in there.
I tried it a few times that way, and a few times highlighting the cells and using the Copy and Paste functions on the Edit dropdown menu. Same result. It works.

Only thing different on mine is the style but I wouldn't suspect that to have any bearing on anything.
Do you think it would help if you put your song file someplace where we could get at it to do some testing?

LLOYD S
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/02/18 07:18 PM
I have seen song files done some strange things in BIAB if they get corrupted somehow. I recreated as much as I could with your screen shot and everything work OK on my end. I was able to highlight, right click and past in blank measures.

Rename your original one and try recreating the file again from scratch to see what happens.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/02/18 09:16 PM
Thanks Lloyd and jcland! I appreciate your help!

But it is not at all related to any specific song file. It happens with any song old or new or even with no song at all like this,

Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/02/18 09:28 PM
Sorry, I can't duplicate the problem here.
I tried a brand new file, left click and drag to highlight,
then no matter which half of which bar I right click in, I can't get BIAB to deselect the selection.

I'm baffled.
I'll watch this thread to see if you get it resolved.
Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Bug in Right-Clicking Selected Bars - 01/02/18 10:23 PM
Thanks again Lloyd! I may have to just live with it. Not that big of a problem.
© PG Music Forums