PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver midi instruments with * won't play - 01/02/18 12:41 PM
still new to BIAB so forgive me but tried a song I have been playing with RealTracks with a midi only style which will make a midi file for my sequencer module for playing live.

real drums play but all midi instruments have * next to them and are silent - no sound or output shown on the mixer.

loading another song which has never used RealTracks the midi only file plays fine and the midi style which wasn't working works with that song. also the midi style plays perfectly when i load it and enter new chords as if I was creating a new song. the * is then absent

am I missing something when I want to move from RealTacks back to pure midi?

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: midi instruments with * won't play - 01/02/18 12:47 PM
restarted BIAB and all is well. no idea what is going on.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: midi instruments with * won't play - 01/02/18 03:50 PM
Bob,

The * next to a track name means that the track is frozen.

If the frozen track had no midi data on it at the time of freezing then, when it's regenerated, there will still be no data on it - thus it won't play.

Next time that happens, right-click on "Master", select "Unfreeze all tracks" and now regenerate. This might help.

Quote:
Am I missing something when I want to move from RealTacks back to pure midi?

This will depend on how you moved from RTs to midi.

If you simply loaded an all-midi style to replace the Realstyle, then everything should work fine.

If, on the other hand, you tried to go to a midi style by removing the RTs from each individual track, the results will most likely be unsatisfactory. This is because not all Realstyles have an underlying midi style.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: midi instruments with * won't play - 01/02/18 04:15 PM
thanks - knowing what was frozen helps. i had stuck with one RealTracks version I liked but obviously there was a problem when I loaded a midi style. still not sure exactly why but I'm finding my way around. there are 650+ pages in the manual and finding things like the asterisks is a bit hit and miss
Posted By: jford Re: midi instruments with * won't play - 01/02/18 06:34 PM
Quote:
finding things like the asterisks is a bit hit and miss

That's why we users help each other out on the forum.
© PG Music Forums