PG Music Home
Every time I open a demo song or other song on my computer, the BIAB "save as" location changes. I want the "save as" to default to my onedrive location where I keep my songs that I have created with BIAB. Is there a way to set the "save as" location and get it to stick, no matter where else I might open a file?
Hi
I think you will find all windows applications tend to save back to the directory they where opened from.on save.

Save as on the other hand, has to give you a choice to be useful.
One work round could be to make and open a copy of the file you are working on in the folder you want it in, after it has been edited but it’s a bit long winded.
Mike
In the main Preferences window, I set what happens when I open BIAB to ‘load previous song’ or something to that effect. That puts my into the right location. Not quite what you want, but it works.
I have the "Boot up in directory of last session" enabled.

That means that if you have a default location to where you save files, BIAB will always start in that directory.

Attached picture boot up in last directory.JPG
Thanks for your suggestions. I have found a bit of a short cut from my previous method. Under the "Save As" icon (which I had never used before, in favor of "file/save as" from the menu) there is a option to "save to favorite folders." Click on that and a list of recently used folders pops up; it includes my onedrive location. That saves me several clicks.
Originally Posted By: Don L Turner
Thanks for your suggestions. I have found a bit of a short cut from my previous method. Under the "Save As" icon (which I had never used before, in favor of "file/save as" from the menu) there is a option to "save to favorite folders." Click on that and a list of recently used folders pops up; it includes my onedrive location. That saves me several clicks.

Ahhh yes... I keep forgetting about 'Favorite Folders' being available with Open and Save.... these are useful!
© PG Music Forums