PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj Getting count in to work on BIAB .wav export - 01/13/18 08:11 PM
Sorry, I just tried it again and this time it worked. Maybe it did not work in a prior version or maybe I picked up a patch.

Hi, I have not been able to get a count in during a .wav file export. I attached a png picture of what I am doing. It seems it should work but it does not. I am wondering what I am missing.

Thanks,
John

Attached picture SaveAsWave.png
I found the count is often very quiet (sometimes barely audible) and using normalise I lift it up to where I can hear it. Bring the file up in Audacity or a DAW and check it is there.

There is also a Song setting that can be set to not have the count in.

Tony
Although your image shows it, you don't mention whether or not the "Include 2 bar Lead-in" is selected. This needs to be active as well as the "Include Drum Count-in".

Regards,
Noel
Okay thanks guys. I will get back to this tomorrow to check into these things.
So much for getting back to this the next day. Busy week!

I included the (options, preferences, count-in) picture on one of the songs. I always assumed these are the same for all songs but based upon what you guys are saying now I am not sure. So a series of questions arise at this point which probably could be answered with a boatload of experiments which I will do if needed.

1/ This is not the song setting screen. Is this the only screen with settings involved in putting the countin on the .wav file?
2/ Does this screen vary with each song?
3/ Does the Volume setting of 64 effect the count in on the .wav file?
4/ I noticed that in BIAB 2016 if I mute the drums there is a really nice replacement count in now (thank you PG support!!!!!!!!). If the drums is muted does this effect the count in going to the .wav file?

Attached picture OptionsPreferencesCountIn.png
I found the problem. I put the answer to the mystery in the attached png picture.

Attached picture FoundTheMissingCountInProblem.png
John,

Thanks for that information. I appreciate it. It was not something that I was aware of.

Regards,
Noel

Now I can say "you are welcome" for a change Noel :-)
John,

It just occurred to me that a way of getting the count-in and muted drums might be possible using F5 (Bar Settings).

Rather than muting the drums using the red 'M' button, click on Bar 1, go into Bar Settings and set the drums to 'mute'.

If that doesn't work, instead of selecting 'Mute' for the drums, select 'Volume Change' and set it to -127 (the negative sign says to 'reduce the volume' and the 127 indicates 'to the maximum amount possible')

Just a thought.... I haven't tried it.

Regards,
Noel

It worked Noel (I just had to mute the drums at bar 1). Thanks. I should have thought of that because I have muted drums at bar 1 before to get the count in while running BIAB 2012 (I don't think that had that extra count in feature back then). You beat me too it this time :-)
Great solution!... was driving me nuts....thanks!
© PG Music Forums