PG Music Home
Posted By: KGU 2 TRANSPOSE problems - 01/21/18 03:09 AM
Hey all,

currently on 2014.

Is this a bug?

Visual transposing up or down 1 step, jumps like 3 half steps or other weird stuff. Really confusing me.

How do I set biab back to concert pitch, and also concert visual pitch? Then I can better see what it's doing?

thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: TRANSPOSE problems - 01/21/18 03:38 AM
Without knowing exactly what you've done to end up where you are at, it's difficult to give directions that I can confidently say will work.

The best starting place would be to use the image below and to follow the sequence of numbers. Hopefully this will cause your score to revert back to its original untransposed state.

Quote:
Whenever I do things like transpose, etc., I ALWAYS save a copy of the pre-adjusted score so that I can easily get back to it if need be. Because BIAB song files take up very little disk space, having multiple copies is not an issue. When I'm nearing the end of writing and arranging a song, I usually have around 20 BIAB files for that song - each one at a different stage of development.

If you have a look at the pdf manual that came with BIAB 2014, you'll find a section on "Non-Concert Visual Transpose" on page 105. This would be useful to read.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture visual transpose.JPG
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: TRANSPOSE problems - 01/22/18 12:59 AM
Thanks Noel96

that did it! I was searching in preferences for a fix.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: TRANSPOSE problems - 01/22/18 02:07 AM
Originally Posted By: KGU 2
Thanks Noel96

that did it! I was searching in preferences for a fix.

Excellent! I'm glad it did the job.
© PG Music Forums