PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 No playback Audition - 01/24/18 10:42 PM
Unable to audition demos in style picker.
Is it only me?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No playback Audition - 01/24/18 11:00 PM
Rob,

What are you selecting?

If it's the "Load Song Demo" button then that doesn't load audio demos. That's for loading SGU/MGU songfiles that PG Music used to create the demos. There is a path problem for some of these songfiles that PG Music are in the process of fixing. (It's been reported.)

If you are pressing the Green arrow head, which is the audio demo start-up, and not hearing things then something is wrong.

Should the latter option above be the case...

1. Click on "Action"

2. Go to "Set dialog options"

3. Select the "Use internet for style auditions (if not found on the disk)"

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture style picker load song demo.JPG
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: No playback Audition - 01/28/18 07:29 PM
Hello. Noel sorry for the late reply.

I am able to to audition a song using "Play using current chord sheet for song"
When I hit the "wma file button" I get the yellow rectangle telling me its playing but nothing loads or plays. To hear a demo I have to get out of style picker to hear it play. I tried your suggestion but the computer I use has no access to the internet. I guess I will have to wait for PG to fix the issue.
Kind regards Rob
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No playback Audition - 01/29/18 05:02 PM
Hello Rob,

Is Windows Media Player installed on your computer, and are you able to play (outside of Band-in-a-Box), one of the *.wma files in "\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio" with Windows Media Player?
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: No playback Audition - 01/29/18 10:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Hello Rob,

Is Windows Media Player installed on your computer, and are you able to play (outside of Band-in-a-Box), one of the *.wma files in "\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio" with Windows Media Player?

Hi Andrew. Windows media player is installed and I am unable to use that aswell.
Do you know of a fix for that? Regards Rob
Posted By: Mike Head Re: No playback Audition - 01/30/18 09:24 AM
Hi

As you say that wmp can play the demos outside of Biab as wma files.

Could it be that both Windows media player and BIAB are trying to use an un sharable audio driver at the same time.
Try using MME in band in the box just as a test, as they a more sharable.
Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No playback Audition - 01/30/18 10:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hello Rob,

Hi Andrew. Windows media player is installed and I am unable to use that aswell.

Rob,

It's possible that the file association has been changed by something else that you've installed. This might have an impact.

Try this and see if it helps.

1. Find a wma file on your computer.

2. Right-click on that file and follow the sequence of numbers shown on the below image.

There are a couple of different video/audio players called Media Player... just double-check that you choose Windows Media Player.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture windows media player as the default.JPG
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No playback Audition - 01/30/18 04:32 PM

The reason I asked if WMP is installed is that there are some special editions of Windows that do not have any media features to begin with and the user needs to install a media pack to get them.

So WMP is installed but when you try to play a .wma file with it, it opens and plays it but there is no sound? What about other sounds on your computer?

If you can solve the WMP issue, then the BB audition issue should be fixed as well..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No playback Audition - 01/30/18 05:17 PM
Hello Rob,

Also, Rob....

When you say you are unable to use WMP, what happens when you try to use it? Could you please give a full description. (For example... it opens, the song looks to be loaded and playing but there is no sound, etc.)

Lastly, did you try Mike's idea of using MME in BIAB?
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: No playback Audition - 01/30/18 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hello Rob,

Also, Rob....

When you say you are unable to use WMP, what happens when you try to use it? Could you please give a full description. (For example... it opens, the song looks to be loaded and playing but there is no sound, etc.)

Lastly, did you try Mike's idea of using MME in BIAB?

Hi Noel and Andrew. When I hit the audition button it does absolutely nothing except show a dialogue box saying that its auditioning the style but nothing plays and the cursor doesn't move and no audio. I have a jpeg but don't know how to load it on th page. Sorry to be a pain smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No playback Audition - 01/31/18 01:00 AM
Rob,

Have you double-checked that BIAB is starting up using the "Run as admistrator" mode?

To test this, right-click on BIAB's startup shortcut and select "Run as administrator". (This is different that logging in into your computer as Admin.)

Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: No playback Audition - 02/09/18 10:43 PM
hi rob i had similar problem i had to down load the newest realplayer i could for the longest time find the right one for my system then today i was able to find one everything working fine know i did a search on edge for win 10 realplayer thanks eric
© PG Music Forums