PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 12:46 AM
Hi...I have seen this topic discussed somewhere over the past 6 months but can't locate it to see if there was a solution.
The issue is when I open up a song file in BiaB and press play, more often than no,t it will get to the 8th bar and stop. When I press play again it runs through the whole song.
Is there a setting I am missing somewhere. I have the "preview 4 bars" in the style picker unchecked and have tried it both ways, but I hardly think that would be relevant.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 01:02 AM
wish,

A couple of thoughts that might be useful...

What build do you have loaded? Build 509 had a fix for one way that this problem arose. If you go to the link below, manually download build #510 and install it, it will bring you up to date with all fixes.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#510

One other way in which this problem arose was when "Melody | Soundtrack Generator" was active.

If you have a look in this section of BIAB (it uses "Melody" on the top menu bar, bewteen Soloist and Play), there is an option for "Whole Song" which sometimes becomes deselected. (See the image below and the setting under "Set Length and Tempo of Soundtrack".)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 04:59 AM
Funny enough Noel, that build 2010 was not even detected by Biab itself...
When I read ur post here, I went to my BiaB to check, and it said; Build 509 is available...
So I download 510 now.. Just hoping for a stable connection for a while, as that is my always returning problem...

As for stopping at bar 8... Better then stopping at bar 87 after all...;)

A how many years of reporting this bug, it must be fixed once and for all... I just could not use BiaB as my backing if I was a performing musician, because of this bug... But I am not. I am just at home, making music, and have all the time in the word to suffer this annoying problem...;)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 05:13 AM
Trygve,

I might be wrong here but I think BIAB is designed so that the download manager doesn't immediately download the latest update. I'd imagine that this is a safety precaution.

Let's hope that this fixes the problem for you!

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 05:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96

I might be wrong here but I think BIAB is designed so that the download manager doesn't immediately download the latest update. I'd imagine that this is a safety precaution.

Yes, I think you're on the money here Noel. It's an option form the Help > Check for Updates menu

Attached picture 2018-01-27_19-56-33.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 06:35 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Noel96

Yes, I think you're on the money here Noel. It's an option form the Help > Check for Updates menu

Thanks, Trev.

I've only ever briefly glanced at that setting and seems that it didn't sink in! There's always something new to learn with BIAB!

Noel
Posted By: wish Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 10:33 AM
Thanks Noel, seemed to have fixed the problem. I did assume...wrongly that BiaB would check for updates on a regular basis. Anyway we will monitor the issue and hopefully all is good.
Hot down the south east of SA today and more to come. Hope you are keeping cool.
Cheers
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Stopping after 8 bars - 01/27/18 11:10 AM
If you want to have the latest update, check in the forum or the Support page, not within BIAB. The update checker in the program looks for the latest release that is not s beta. PG Music’s practice is to call each newest release a beta release. It changes when the next release (the new beta) is available. If you want 510 (you should), get it from the BIAB for Windows forum sticky.
© PG Music Forums