PG Music Home
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 02:54 PM
Ever since my computer did the latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 update... things are not good. I finally got my duel monitors working NOW BIAB is not working.I'm using the 2016 version ... I've been upgrading since before realtracks. At first it worked but wouldn't export .mp3. Now it won't load up at all. I'm downloading the upgrade again and going to reinstall... keeping fingers crossed. Has anyone else had problems?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 03:01 PM
Victoria,

Try this...

1. Close BIAB.

2. Restart the computer to guarantee that all memories are fully cleared.

Now with BIAB closed and the computer rebooted, in the folder bb\Preferences...

3. Rename INTRFACE.BBW to INTRFACE.BBW.OLD (note the spelling of 'intrface')

4. Rename MYSETUP.DK to MYSETUP.DK.OLD

5. Now right-click on the BIAB shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to start BIAB.

Does this help?

Doing the above forces BIAB to create new INTRFACE.BBW and MYSETUP.DK files. These are the files that save all the settings.

By renaming them, it effectively deletes them from BIAB's view but it makes it possible to retrieve if needed.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 04:45 PM
I reinstalled the 2016 upgrade and there is no preferences folder? Won't open. The icon comes up in the quick start bar but that is all. I have to close by using the Task Manager.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 04:46 PM
Most problems I have read about the Windows Fall Creators Update, which is what you probably are referring to, are about drivers. Make sure your drivers for any audio equipment are up to date.

The methods clearly given by Noel above are standard remedies for BIAB. The Run as Administrator is something that perhaps Windows switched on you (I don't know this for sure, but Windows updates have been known to make changes like that).

Let us know how you make out.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 04:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Victoria Johnson
I reinstalled the 2016 upgrade and there is no preferences folder? Won't open. The icon comes up in the quick start bar but that is all. I have to close by using the Task Manager.

BIAB 2016 has the 'older' file organization. Look for both those files in the main /BB folder, then do what Noel said.
Posted By: Victoria Johnson Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/04/18 06:12 PM
YEAH... all that worked thank you so much!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/05/18 02:37 AM
Excellent!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Windows Upgrade - 02/05/18 02:49 AM
Cool.
© PG Music Forums