PG Music Home
It's been a decade since I've done this.
With the absence of multiple midi output drivers, do we still have to install MIDI YOKE to use BIAB midi tracks..... and ALSO output chords to the machine?
Thanks.
Biab will output chords to an external device. You set them by selecting the OUTPUT CHORDS settings in Biab. I believe they are found under the Midi Menu in Biab, but you can find them in HELP as well.

Trax
Unfortunately. if you're using midi tracks or a soft synth, you'll also hear those banging chords- since there's no option for selecting multiple midi drivers. The old workaround was Midi Yoke. Perhaps it still is.
That's the issue MT-And a call to tech support confirmed this.
Maybe IL Minihost can be an alternative intermediator ... I've used the VoiceRack live, but only with cubase, configuring the routing via external FX and USB i/o. You'll need to download the drivers from TC called VoiceSupport2_1.1.00_build136 for that. Also i found sometimes with all the settings in the voicelive correct, at times it just only works after saving the songfile with adapted settings, and rebooting cubase, probably due USB communication issues. PS at first it did not work at all, and the unit needed a firmware update; VoiceSupport2 can take care of that. - F

- Tutorial:
Thanks fiddler...
but I used to use MIDI YOKE with great success, so the technology is somewhere buried in my brain already!
I do appreciate the post though. And at least now I can safely state that BIAB CANNOT do this. While there is talk about opening the app to multiple midi drivers, it's low on the priority list.
IL minihost can reroute and multiply MIDI and Audiotracks. I am no expert, but that seems instesting if you want to get the audio output of your voicelive back in BIAB or Realband for mixing without reverting to other DAWs ... And its free or shareware to boot. - F

IL Minihost

Thanks F- Much appreciated.
Are you trying to use the Harmonizer to record in BIAB or playlive ? If the latter, maybe this will help.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=416355&Searchpage=1&Main=62387&Words=vlt&Search=true#Post416355
Yes, live MusicStudent...but that software is a NO Go....for the same reason that MidiYoke will not support 64 bit. I use an Iconnectivity MIO to give the harmonizer it's info...MIO will only install its 64 bit driver on my windows 7 and cannot be read by Yoke.

The new working alternative in a modern 64 bit system is either LoopBE 1 or software by Tobias Erichsen.
I'll install one of these over the weekend, give a report.
Thanks for your input.
© PG Music Forums