PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul 2 and 4 bar phrase - 02/13/18 05:48 AM
hello

does bb play 2 bar phrases until another chord letter is input
and would it just play 1 bar phrases if i entered 1 chord letter every bar?

im just getting into the stylemaker and the relative weights and stuff but im not doing that well on understanding it all.
thanks for any advice tips.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2 and 4 bar phrase - 02/13/18 10:37 AM
Assuming we are talking RealTracks, those are phrases of one to eight bars long. Sure, you can place the same chord in successive bars but it generally sounds better to let the phrase evolve as the player recorded it.
Posted By: jford Re: 2 and 4 bar phrase - 02/13/18 12:41 PM
Actually, to be clear, the eight bar phrases are for RealTracks only. The MIDI stylemaker supports 8 beat (not bar), 4 beat, 2 beat and 1 beat patterns. What plays depends upon what is available in the style. If all are available, then (as I understand it), as long as there is not some other defined mask (such as use this pattern in this case), BIAB will use the longest available pattern it can until the next chord is found. So if your chords change every two bars, then it will use the 8-beat patterns, if they are available.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2 and 4 bar phrase - 02/13/18 02:06 PM
Right, I was careful to say RealTracks. I believe PG Music said they are made in 2, 4 and 8-Bar phrases.

Yes, MIDI is totally different. I couldn’t tell from the first statement whether we are talking RealTracks or MIDI, nor from the second statement if the Stylemaker is expected to work on either.
© PG Music Forums