PG Music Home
General tip, (maybe for a sticky?):

If you ever have some slight distortion or a ragged sound; just found out that checking power options regarding processor state (go to advanced settings via control panel, power options), can be quite important. In my case after a Windows 10 64bit refreshment job, via Tweaking.com's Windows Repair, they were reset to 5% min and 100% max. Should be 100% and 100%. BTW it also improves processor performance with intensive programs like BIAB in IMO .... -F

Attached picture Win10 Processor power management setiings for audio.jpg
Thanks! Mine was set to 5 also.

...Deb
Yes, this is the first thing I do on every new computer. Good tip.

It used to be that you had to dive deeply into system tips, and sites like Black Viper were essential to those of us doing digital audio. No more. This power tip is about all that's needed on most new PCs.

However, I'll give you a more interesting subtle one that I learned from Craig Anderton on the SONAR forum. Go into Device Manager and look for an HD audio driver for your monitor. Yes - your screen. Like LG or some such. Blow it away.
Craigs' my man; guess he's 'round the bend as one of the longest lasting experts on the www 'bout recording ... i have my zamzung (yeah, that's a S Korean brand too) monitor driven by an MS general PnP monitor driver, works fine that way ...

But i am curious, i do have a High Definition Audio Device DISABLED driver under Sound, video and game controllers. The (realtek?) audio chip has been disabled in my ASUS Bios' settings, but the frigging disabled driver keeps popping up & bothering me ... - F

PS: craig tips
Here I disagree with Craig on having windows update taking care of things; i turn it off in services, and i bought 360 Total security ('Patch Up' function) especially since it handles the necessary updates only OK, and leave all the b*sh*t thrown upon us from MS alone, even their free version does that.

Got one more tip: Privacyfirewall does all what you need, completely configurable like the old Zonealarm or Comodo firewalls were in them old days, before they started installing bloatware along with them.
© PG Music Forums