PG Music Home
Very odd, in all my years of using BIAB I have never seen this one before.

I'm working on a new song in the key of Em and auditioning funk styles. So far the only chord I have entered is the "I" chord, "Em".

2524:Bass, Electric, FunkHalfNotePulseSync Ev16 100 randomly switches to the "IV" chord, as if I had entered an "A" in the chord sheet.

Regenerating the song causes it to play the "IV" chord bassline in different places, sometimes the bass starts the song playing "A" patterns

The other instruments stay on the "I" as do other bass players I auditioned, but some of the other Freddie Washington bass styles have the same problem.

Attached pic shows it starting a bar playing the "A" (I brought up the tab for the bass part)

Attached File
bassbug.jpg  (21 downloads)
Dave,

Occasionally I've run across something like this too.

From what I can gather, it means that when the Realtrack was analysed and then mapped for the various chords, wrong audio co-ordinates were entered for a particular chord. From what you've written, it sounds like that in this instance, the mapping of Em for the RT you mention has also included a region that was A or Am.

When I discover something like this, I freeze all tracks and then send the MGU/SGU file as an attachment to support@pgmusic.com with a note that tells Support the problem and what bars they need to listen to to hear the problem. The development team appreciate knowing about inconsistencies like this.

The thing with freezing is that when PG Music generate the frozen file you send, it will generate exactly the same for them as it did for you so they'll be able to hear what you describe. This will allow them to solve the problem by re-mapping the chords correctly.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Dave,

I was able to replicate the issue, and will make sure it's reported.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Dave,

I was able to replicate the issue, and will make sure it's reported.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Perfect!! Thanks very much, Kent. smile

P.S. I would be happy to beta test a fix if needed.
Wow - almost 2020, and I have the 2020 version, and Freddie Washington (HOPHORN.STY) is still playing the wrong bass notes - sounds like he is randomly going to a 2 or 4 in the key of Cm.

Is there a fix for this?
What is the date of the file RBass182.ST2 in your Soloists folder?
I haven't revisited this since my original post, back then I just found another bass realtrack that worked for the song I was working on and moved on.

I just tested again this morning and it is working fine for me, I tried my original song which was in Em and had the problem where the bass would randomly switch to the "IV" chord, and it worked fine; it stayed on the "I" unless told otherwise.

I then transposed the song to Cm and it also worked.

Note: I'm still using BIAB 2019, my BIAB 2020 has not arrived yet, so not exactly the same as you.

The date of my RBass182.ST2 file is 2019-03-13
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
What is the date of the file RBass182.ST2 in your Soloists folder?

10/28/2014 (modified), 12/19/2016 (created), according to Windows, which seems odd - but still not very recent either way. How can I get newer versions to install?

Thanks.
2019-03-13 is indeed the latest version of the file available. I wouldn't expect it to have the problem you are describing, however if you do find a problem, do send us a frozen file.

Regarding bullmoon's question:
Quote:
10/28/2014 (modified), 12/19/2016 (created), according to Windows, which seems odd - but still not very recent either way. How can I get newer versions to install?

Date created is often later than date modified, since 'date created' represents the date that the file was installed or copied to your hard drive. The modified date is when the file was last edited. The latest version of this file was included in Band-in-a-Box 2019 patches, and you can also get it by installing the RealTracks patch. It's also included with your 2020 version and you'll also get it by installing RealTracks Set 234.

Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
2019-03-13 is indeed the latest version of the file available. I wouldn't expect it to have the problem you are describing, however if you do find a problem, do send us a frozen file.

Regarding bullmoon's question:
Quote:

Date created is often later than date modified, since 'date created' represents the date that the file was installed or copied to your hard drive. The modified date is when the file was last edited. The latest version of this file was included in Band-in-a-Box 2019 patches, and you can also get it by installing the RealTracks patch. It's also included with your 2020 version and you'll also get it by installing RealTracks Set 234.

thanks - I'll install that for the moment. but I notice most of my files are old like that. is there an easy way using the DL Manager to update them all?
Still having the issue with the latest file version - not sure what a frozen file is - please let me know and I will send it.
Go to the Play menu and click "Freeze all tracks", then save the .SGU or .MGU file. You can attach it to a forum post using the file manager, or link to it in dropbox or some other cloud storage, and just mention which bar the problem occurs in.
OK, so I did a re-installation of everything that shows up on my account page and now I no longer have this style, _HOPHORN.STY, and have no idea how to get it back. I'm a bit lost on how to manage upgrades and re-installs with BIAB.
With the PlusPAK, you should install the previous full version of Band-in-a-Box (the "Full" program installer), followed by the "PlusPAK" installer. Run those two installers in that order and that should fix the problemm.
© PG Music Forums