PG Music Home
It's the first day of spring today, which means it's time to start spring cleaning!

We cleaned up the BB folder with our release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018. Over the years, this folder has been growing - there were up to 10,000 files in there! We've fixed this and put the files into various folders. This is done with a cleanup routine. The cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually by selecting the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine.

The cleanup routine does the following:
-Moves Styles files (.STY/.STX) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Styles.
-Moves Soloists files (.ST2/.XT2) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Soloists.
-Moves various Demo folders to C:\Demos.
-Moves various songs and lessons folders to C:\bb\Songs and Lessons.
-Moves various files essential for running Band-in-a-Box to C:\bb\Data and C:\bb\Data\Lib.
-Moves various preferences files to C:\bb\Preferences.
-Moves tutorial demo songs, program manuals (.pdf), and the help file (.chm) to C:\bb\Documentation.
Callie,

Another great post!

May I suggest you add this post to Tips & Tricks and make it a sticky note? It is handy information to have around as we all get use to the new file structure.

I believe this is the first time I've seen a list that describes the location where each kind of file is moved. Thank you very much for sharing this information.
I second Jim's idea. The locations provide important information for many of us.
Yes I agree, great news, but what a pity that user styles now get mixed with "factory" styles!
I have several Norton user style disks I have collected through the years, and now they are mixed with all the others!

Please PgMusic refine your cleanup routine so that it creates a new directory (sub-directory?) for user styles.

All the Best

Antonello
doctormidi,
Your comment is welcome. Many other users request for getting a User Styles folder (or even several folders) for 3rd party styles or user styles.

The request is already in the wishlist.

IMHO, it is a pity that this point has not been detected during the beta phase. We did get this feature in previous BIAB versions, I hope this regression will be soon fixed.
It's very unwieldy without sub-folders.

+1 for additional folders
© PG Music Forums