PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul copy special - 03/22/18 04:07 AM
hello

im just messing about with the copy special function to see what it can do.

scenario

open bb song (all real tracks)
generate song.
edit, copy special,copy move tracks

select source track (piano)
select destination track (strings)
click "ok do it"
then i get message saying "piano track is empty nothing to do" see image.

any advice tips please

Attached picture copy tracks.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: copy special - 03/22/18 04:19 AM
Paul,

The "channels" in the image that you've posted refer to the 16 midi channels. The particular area that you are playing around in is for midi not Realtracks. Try loading a midi style, generating it and then using this function.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: paulpaul Re: copy special - 03/22/18 05:14 AM
noel
yes i already tried the midi and it was ok but i read this in the manual
about copy/move...see image.

i probably havent understood it properly but it seems to suggest i can double up the the real tracks.

once again thanks for your time.

Attached File
copy real track special.jpg  (11 downloads)
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: copy special - 03/22/18 08:12 AM
The photo from the manual is referencing Real Charts generated from the RealTrack. Real Charts are MIDI derived from the generated Audio of the RealTrack. Once the Real Chart is on a track, a MIDI instrument is selected to play the Real Chart.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: copy special - 03/22/18 06:23 PM
Hi Paul,

Copy/Move Tracks does work for this, as long as the RealTrack does have a RealChart associated with it. There are a couple ways to tell if that's the case:

You can look up the RealTrack in the RealTracks Picker, and look in the Charts column. If there's an N in that column, then it has notation, and if it says Gt, there's also guitar tab.

Alternately, just look at the track name, where they're listed across the top of the Band-in-a-Box window. If the track name is partially underlined, it has notation, and if it's fully underlined, it has notation and tab.

In the screenshot in your original post, only the Strings track (Guitar 2) is underlined, so this wouldn't have worked with the Piano track.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: paulpaul Re: copy special - 03/23/18 03:16 AM
kent
thanks for info

i got it working but the manual seems to suggest that it should "double"the part (im thinking that means it will play the same notes) but when i copy over it seems to just copy the part rather than change notes.

Attached picture copy 1.jpg
Attached picture copy2.jpg
Attached picture copy 3.jpg
Attached File
copy4.jpg  (3 downloads)
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: copy special - 03/23/18 06:09 PM
Hi Paul,

You can't copy the Strings track's RealChart notes onto the Bass track, there's already a RealTrack there. RealTracks are audio, and will not follow MIDI notes.

Try copying to the notes to the Melody track. Then the Melody track will play the same notes as the Strings track. That's how the doubling works.

You'll also want to freeze the Strings track before regenerating the song, or its notes will change, so the Melody won't match it anymore.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: paulpaul Re: copy special - 03/24/18 02:02 AM
kent

thanks
i think i understand it now, i thought it suggested you could move any track to any track..audio or midi.

so i can copy any real track (with chart)to any midi track or blank track.
anyway i did that and im on my way now
thanks again.
© PG Music Forums