PG Music Home
Until 513 i have been using Halion Sonic SE (3, 64bit jBridged to 32bit) without problems. However since 516 this morning the GUI only loads once in VST/DX synth settings, some times very slow again when reselected, sometimes no more, and BIAB hangs after that, needing a Windows (10, 64bit) Task Manager exit.

Selection buttons at the top grey out, x still works for exit in this situation, but Halion's graphics won't load until you reboot BIAB, but then again only once ... SEE FIRST PICTURE BELOW:

Closing BIAB after this is very slow, hangs for about 2 minutes before exit ... SEE SECOND PICTURE BELOW:

With Coyote wavetable (BIABs built in) it seems to work, with sforzando, 64bit jBridged to 32bit it also loads slow .... Developers, what have you changed?

Loading a MIDI demo you need to regenerate since the Realdrums will still be out of sync the firste time. (was before with 513 too)

PS i use ASIO, 'best', latency 256 samples (RME interface) via USB.

Running 'as administrator', and done a factory reset making all adjustments new ...... same sh*t (sh, didn't say it out loud). Any ideas? i go back to 513. F

Attached picture BIAB 516 Halion won't load.jpg
Attached picture BIAB 516 Halion won't load hangs on closing.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: 516 BUG? GM synth loading problems ..... - 04/18/18 12:03 PM
I occasionally use Halion Sonic (I have the fully licensed edition that came with Halion 6) and thanks to Fiddler for letting me know it worked as a GM sound source.

I haven't tried this yet with 516, but will give it a try tonight (as likewise, it did work fine previously).
Hi John: For Halion Sonic 3 I found that with older midi BIAB files sometimes the MIDI volume outweights the Realdrums track, and seems not listening to volume settings sent by BIAB 516, only mute works. Curious if you have the same ...
I deleted from preferences MySetup.DK and intrface.BBW. Things seem to be working now .... F
Posted By: jford Re: 516 BUG? GM synth loading problems ..... - 04/18/18 02:27 PM
I'll take a look this evening, Fiddler. Thanks.
© PG Music Forums