PG Music Home
The MIDI SuperTrack Strings never play an ending.
They simply cut off abruptly (while other instruments play a 2 bar ending).
They have always been this way.
I have to "build" my own ending when I use them.
I "put in a ticket" to support several versions ago.

Can this get fixed, please?

Example:
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2058:Strings, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085

Thank you.
I know the RealCharts that are recorded on the same Yamaha acoustic/midi piano don't show any endings but this is the ending I get with 2058 below, you can also Select Custom Midi Style on another track and copy the piano roll notes from it's ending.

Attached picture MST2058-Ending.png
Attached picture BB-Custom-Midi-Style.png
Well I have tested that particular one 2058 with normal 2 bar ending and also without the normal 2 bar ending and putting in the hold C... instead, followed a few bars later with G. and all seems to play and end fine.

For a short test I used only one chorus of 16 bars.
I suspect endings might be part of midi styles.

When you build a midi style from scratch you have to create an ending 'block' much like you do the various phrases.

Super midi might not have created the ending riffs.
Pipeline - thanks for the picture. It made we realize that I stated this incorrectly - and gave me an alternative method to try.

I generally export the MIDI SuperTrack as an audio file (wav) to take to Studio One.... using the Hi-Q strings as my sound source. (For pianos I use TruePianos played in BIAB).

It is the audio exports that are chopped off (have no ending).

I would guess that that is a setting somewhere that causes that to happen and should be easily fixed for those whose choose to export audio instead of the MIDI?
© PG Music Forums