PG Music Home
I have the most recent Audiophile version of BIAB running in Windows 10 pro and have not messed with MIDI styles in many years. Long ago I create a MIDI style and I need to use it now. One of the instruments (strings) only plays during the "B" sections. I tried it in different songs to be sure but, although the song itself does not mute the instrument, it will not play in "A" sections. I guess that means something in the style itself is making that happen. I cannot figure out what I did in the style to make this happen.

Can anyone point me to a solution?

Thanks,
Don
Hi Don,

If you open the style in the StyleMaker (File - StyleMaker - Edit a Style), and select the Strings track, are there numbers in A pattern boxes, or are they blank?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
There are midi style editor "weights" you can adjust. They are from 1 - 5, 5 being most dominant part to play.

Look in the style editor, I believe this is where they are located? You will also have 2 sections A & B. I am assuming that in this editor, the A are probably empty or have a 0.

Make sure you have the correct Biab style part selected; B,P,D,G,S for the channel you have the String part on as well when editing the weight and part.

***Try looking in the help menu on "Edit Pattern" and it should show you where the weight/part/pattern I was referencing up above to adjust.*** You can also copy & paste all A to B patterns/parts and B to A in there as well.

You will also have to save the adjustments by renaming the style in order for them to take effect. You can simply add a number to the style name in order to save numerous styles/adjustments. (name1.sty name2.sty etc)

Be sure to "rebuild" your style list in stylepicker after saving new styles so Biab can find the new style(s).

Trax
Changing the weight did not help but copying a 'B" pattern to "A" solved the problem. The "A" section only had one pattern and it just would not play. I may need to record a new "A" pattern if this fix doesn't sound right.

Thank you.
I had one "A" pattern box with a number in it. I think something was wrong with whatever I recorded for that pattern. Copying a "B" pattern to that slot worked.
Glad you got it working.

Trax
© PG Music Forums