PG Music Home
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re-installing realtracks? - 09/21/09 06:53 PM
Some of my realtracks in new Pop-Rock are giving "access violations" when I try to play, even though they "verify" OK.

I think I should re-install, maybe they are corrupt files. Do I nee to erase realtrack folders first, or will installation write over them?

Thanks in advance...
Posted By: Rachael Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/21/09 08:38 PM
I had access violations on my Vista system particularly with the Acoustic Guitar RT. A re-install did the trick for me. It will overwrite the files so no need to erase the folders. Be sure to put the RT patches after re-install.

R
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/21/09 10:04 PM
Quote:

I had access violations on my Vista system particularly with the Acoustic Guitar RT. A re-install did the trick for me. It will overwrite the files so no need to erase the folders. Be sure to put the RT patches after re-install.

R

Did you re-istall the program as well, or just the RT having the problems? Which patches are you referring to?
Posted By: Rachael Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/22/09 02:07 AM
Just the RT in question. Actually, I've had to re-install two at different times for different problems. One was the access violation, the other the RealBass would not generate on certain chords. Both were resolved by the re-install. The patches are here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realdrums.htm#RealTracks01-66

Choose the one(s) that apply.

R
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/22/09 03:36 AM
Quote:

Just the RT in question. Actually, I've had to re-install two at different times for different problems. One was the access violation, the other the RealBass would not generate on certain chords. Both were resolved by the re-install. The patches are here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_realdrums.htm#RealTracks01-66

Choose the one(s) that apply.

R

Rachael, I assume you cannot install an individual RT(s), but the set of RTs on CD or HD that includes the problematic RT.

Thanks...
Posted By: Rachael Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/22/09 12:41 PM
Correct
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/22/09 06:37 PM
I reinstalled all Rock RT, plus all RT and RD patches - no help. Still getting access violations on some RTs.

;-(
Posted By: Rachael Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/22/09 08:18 PM
Only other things I can think of:

. Try a factory reset
. Did problem appear after everything worked initially? Maybe a Windows update?
. Try the track(s) on a different song?
. Try disabling Dxi/VST.
. Send the file and access violation code to PG support. See if they can re-generate the problem on their end.

R
Posted By: Sam Kanter Re: Re-installing realtracks? - 09/23/09 04:20 PM

. Try a factory reset

Tried

. Did problem appear after everything worked initially? Maybe a Windows update?

No
. Try the track(s) on a different song?

No help.

. Try disabling Dxi/VST.

Check
. Send the file and access violation code to PG support. See if they can re-generate the problem on their end.

It's code #64, and the only problem RT seems to be Elguitaresolo120/EGO423-1. Strange!
© PG Music Forums