PG Music Home
Posted By: leonard1962 All messed up - 07/15/18 08:30 AM
My BIAB files are so messed up I don't know what's what. The problem always starts from the fact that most if not all Windows programs always default to drive C: when you install something. Depending on how much room you have you might choose another drive like I always do. That's fine when you first install something, but after you install updates and other files you soon realize you have folder and file everywhere. That's my predicament now. I don’t know where anything is now. I have to search and search to find something that’s missing, and when I find it and try to install it, doesn’t work.
I’m going to delete everything and start fresh. My question is though. I have been getting upgrades over the years, and so all my files are predicated on that. If I install from the last upgrade will I still be missing files? Do the upgrades contained all the files or do I need to purchase BIAB like I never owned it before? I’ll be real honest; I’m not very organized and trying to find an original BIAB disk to install would be like trying to find a middle in a haystack. Ain’t going to happen. That’s if I even have them. Thank God I can download and have fast internet to do such.
But my original concern was previously stated if I do such. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
confused frown
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: All messed up - 07/15/18 10:21 AM
If you wipe everything, you could start with the last FULL version. Then apply the last update.

The only things you would not have would be any custom styles and any bonus pak materials you bought.

Start the process by saving your songs!

ps I don’t think I could find a middle in a haystack, either.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: All messed up - 07/15/18 04:44 PM
Also...

Any Bonus paks that you purchased in recent years should be available if you log-in into your sales account.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: All messed up - 07/15/18 05:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Also...

Any Bonus paks that you purchased in recent years should be available if you log-in into your sales account.
This is good advice. What Noel is talking about is NOT your forum account.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: All messed up - 07/19/18 10:13 PM
Hi Leonard,

I just checked out your order history (using the email address you use for the forums), and it looks like your 2017 version has everything you need, you won't need to install any older versions.

I'd just plug in the hard drive (assuming you can find it) and run Setup, and do a full install to whatever drive you like, then install the Xtra Styles PAK DVDs that came with it, and then install Xtra Styles PAKs 3 and 4 from downloads (available through your account on our website).

Feel free to contact us directly if you run into any problems, always happy to help.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums