PG Music Home
Posted By: jt3 setting changed? - 08/20/18 03:14 PM
I had some songs where I recorded in pro tools then brought back in to biab. auto chord wizard. I used to audio only to add an instrument to the mix. the files are all still there just no sound any Idea's
John
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: setting changed? - 08/20/18 04:39 PM
Hi John,

Are you not hearing anything, or do you hear the audio track but none of the Band-in-a-Box instruments?

If it's the latter, going to File - Load Style Special, and checking "Style is enabled" will likely do the trick.

If you just weren't hearing anything when opening these files, please hit File - New, then hit Play and let us know if you hear the new project.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jt3 Re: setting changed? - 08/21/18 01:44 AM
thanks for getting back to me. what I did was use to audio chord wizard. brought the song into biab. I didn't change to biab song saved the audio track to play. I've done it this way for probably 8 years now. I only did a few wanting special parts. its denying this from happening . it gave a window saying the file had 290000? and nothing came in. not sure if I got this explained right. John
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: setting changed? - 08/21/18 03:31 PM
HI JT3,

What exactly are you not hearing? Is it the audio track, other tracks that Band-in-a-Box was supposed to generate, or everything? Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible, as I'm still not quite sure what's wrong.

If you click File - New and hit Play, do you hear music?

If we could get the exact words of that message, it would be helpful.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jt3 Re: setting changed? - 08/26/18 12:54 AM
Im using 2017 ver. save a performance? not sure what your meaning. if you mean save the song as a finished project I did that. I even went to my old pc and made a new ver. and then brought it to my other pc. it worked saved it. close out of biab and reopened the song it worked. then I restarted my pc and it was still there and working. I shut down for the night. next day its gone again. the files are all there but wont play the audio file as it was saved. hope this helps
thanks again JT3
Posted By: jt3 Re: setting changed? - 08/26/18 01:07 AM
I think I found it went to preferences. there is a box to open mp3 and wma files with the song. It works now. dont know how it got changed. thanks again
© PG Music Forums