PG Music Home
Posted By: John Payne 64 bit TTS-1 dxi to vst - 09/17/18 07:33 PM
I have the 64 bit version of Cakewalk/Sonar and thought I was out of luck trying to use the 64 bit TTS-1 that comes with it. I sent Joao (jbridge) an email and got the very nice reply below. Has anyone else tried this?

John Payne

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 1:25 PM
To: john_payne@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: FW: New contact received

You can use an utility called shell2vst to convert the dxi to vst and then bridge it, I am on vacation now, but I can try to help when I come back (only have my phone here).

Best

Joao
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: 64 bit TTS-1 dxi to vst - 09/17/18 09:16 PM
There are multiple threads here on the DXi TTS-1 and the 32-bit /64-bit dilemma
do you have actual Sonar by CAKEWALK the now defunct company or SONAR by Bandlab?

if you have the SONAR install by actual CW company (now defunct) you can install it as 32 bit, that in turn will install the 32 bit DXi (and you can "save" this) then reinstall the 64 bit Sonar and have your cake and sort of eat it too with a little extra step every now and then, see this thread

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=282967&Searchpage=3&Main=40443&Words=vsti+dxi&Search=true#Post282967

if you have ONLY Sonar by Bandlab IT IS ONLY provided as a 64-bit install and it will ONLY install the 64-bit TTS-1 and you will need to do the shelltovst thing, or whatever else you can find that works, if you want to use TTS-1 AS a sort of VSTi to use in PG SW via JBridge

Good luck
Larry
Posted By: John Payne Re: 64 bit TTS-1 dxi to vst - 09/18/18 12:04 AM
Thanks Larry, I did purchase Sonar Platinum about a year ago and likely installed it as 64 bits, and I've installed and been using the now company's Bandlab CW. So, I could do the 32 bit reinstall.

I'm in no hurry so I think I'll try to see if I can get this shell2vst to work. Who knows, may learn something. If I do I'll post it here.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: 64 bit TTS-1 dxi to vst - 09/18/18 06:53 PM
Yes, you can install the 32-bit version.

Just run any of the CAKEWALK Sonar provided installer's (don't worry about update versions - because you will overwrite with final updates when you re-install the 64 bit version's). Note I've never had success having both 32 bit and 64-bit SPALT installed and each working - only the LAST one installed runs. But you don't care about the 32-bit version anyway , except for the TTS-1, so if SPALT doesn't run after re-installing the 64-bit version(s) nothing lost.

Remember DO NOT reinstall 64 bit version (Cakewalk’s or Bandlab’s) UNTIL after doing the DXi saves I described in that link or you will lose the 32-bit TTS-1 files so that extra install step would have been for naught LOL

Also note, you WILL have to REINSTALL the Cakewalk provided 64-bit version of SPLAT WITH its final updates (I think that was .exe file …23.10.0.14), assuming you still want 64-bit SPLAT available as a standalone DAW, separate and distinct from Bandlab CW's version of Sonar.

Finally, and this is a “ probably” [which means I'm not sure but it wouldn't HURT anything] you have to reinstall 64-bit Bandlab CW if you want it on the machine as well. I'm fairly certain that the 32-bit install (to get TTS-1 32 bit) and then 64-bit reinstall of Cakewalks provided SPLAT MAY screw up Bandlab’s registry links to shared stuff, etc.) so to be safe reinstalling won't hurt anything UNLESS you had a ton of personal mods, customization's, etc. and they don't get saved and carried forward and copied doing all the installs/re installs.

Good luck
Larry
© PG Music Forums